“Amazing...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tarpon Beach Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Tarpon Beach Condos
You added Tarpon Beach Condos to your Saves list
2475 West Gulf Drive, Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Western Wisconsin
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Spectacular Ocean Front Condo! Tarpon Beach Condo 110 is comfortable, beautiful and perfectly situated on the island. Everything was updated from the décor to the appliances. When we didn’t care to venture out, we easily entertained ourselves at the condo with the swimming pool, the tennis court, and Tarpon Beach right out front for shelling. The places we did visit were easy to access from this location. It’s on a fairly quiet road with very little road noise. In fact, from inside the unit it was rare to hear anything other than the surf. We felt sufficiently spoiled by the end of our vacation and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My stay in Sanibel was beyond amazing. We collected shells everyday and found the beach right in front of our condo to be the best. At that same spot I was wading in the water when a pod of dolphins came straight to me, a foot between us. We watched 6 sunsets over 6 days while drinking margaritas we prepared in the condo. I'm still painting and sketching shells from all of the inspiration our trip provided.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stayed the week of May 1, 2010, and we simply loved it here! The description of the unit was accurate and the pictures online reflect what you will find when you arrive. The decor is updated, and there were many nice extras, like the bikes (which were great), the upgraded flat/silverware, the plush linens, high tables, wall art, plus there were beach toys, games, books, coffee filters, plastic wrap, foil, etc, that saved us time and money in that we didn't have to go out and buy these things.

The lanai was very private, and we actually could see dolphins from it (not every day, but once was enough to make my trip). The pool and surrounding areas were very clean.

If I have anything negative to say, and believe, me, it is difficult to find anything, it is that the bathrooms were somewhat small and lacking in space. This is the way the units were built, so there nothing the owner could do to make it better. Fortunately, there is adequate closet space to help compensate.

If you take an excursion, we highly recommend the Sanibel Thriller, which leaves at 1 pm from the Sanibel Marina. You won't regret it. Get the back seats:):) The dolphins will be that much closer to you. Also, we were able to pet manatees from our kayak we rented from Adventures in Paradise, right over the Causeway. It was such a nice experience.

For a nice evening out, you may try Il Tesoro, not far from the resort. It is a bit pricey but very nice. We also really loved Jacaranda for early bird dinner/happy hour.

All in all, I would recommend this unit 302 to anyone with no regrets!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Stratford, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Great unit. Very friendly owners. The building itself is nicely situated to beach, bike trails, and restaurants. We have stayed on the island for 4 years and were only lucky enough to stay here once. For us it offers the most convenient location on the island. Nice pool, quiet accommodations and a lovely beach front. The condo accommodated myself, husband and our 4 teenagers.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

great location nice pool condo great everything you want in condo lovely views just dissapointed that the condo above was being renovated but not to bad would def stay there again so enjoy room103 we did roll on next year

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

We spent the second week in September at Sanibel. We stayed at the Tarpon Beach Club in unit # 103. It was our second stay here having stayed during Christmas in 2006. We can't say enough good things about our experience here. The beach, the shells, the condo, what more could you ask for. The weather was beautiful and we spend seven glorius days basking in the sun and checking tide charts so we would have flash light in hand ready to hit the beach at first light. It paid off over and over again with so many different kind of shells, both big and small. After a storm out at sea one night there was a hugh tidal pool out in front of our condo the next morning. Hundreds and hundreds of pelicans and other birds were scooping up fish that were trapped in the tidal water. There were many different kinds of shells that morning, what a treat. Our condo was very clean and well equipped with any thing that you needed. All that was required was for you to show up and have your groceries in tow. Having a elevator in the building makes things much simplier in getting your suit cases from the garage to your condo. We think there isn't any place other than Sanibel in Florida. We plan on returning for many years to come. Its such a quite and beautiful place. I can't express how much we enjoyed being a guest at Tarpon Beach Club. Drive across the cause way bridge and discover a place like no other.

• Liked — Kitchen was well stocked and clean
  • Disliked — lock on front door hard to lock
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

I stayed in 106 tarpon beach with my best friend and her family when I was 14 I am now 18 and I wish that I could go back but when i went it was the best experience of my entire life! I went parasailing, I went on a dolphin and manatee tour, and spent ALOT of time around the pool and the beach. I also found a summer love that made the vacation more than perfect. I am in love with this island and everything that it has to offer. I would HIGHLY recomment these condos. Thye have amazing views and there is just so much to do!

Stayed July 2004

Been to Tarpon Beach Condos? Share your experiences!