I loved the fact that we never even "checked in/out". Just a simple phone call and that's it. We barely even saw any guests and the ones we did were very friendly. Everything was neat and clean. Plenty of towels provided along with beach chairs, umbrellas, bikes, and wagons to use as needed. It is a little far from the middle of town, but September is so slow that we had no trouble finding parking. We especially enjoyed the covered porches for relaxing in the mornings and evenings. The entrance is difficult to find at first (arrived at night) but if that is my biggest complaint than who can say this trip was anything but fantastic. Very private, romantic and peaceful. We will definitely return - hopefully sonner than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seahorse Cottages is tranquil ground-level attached cottages nestled in a lush garden of tropical plants with a heated pool; located just 200 feet from the Bay beach and a block from the Gulf. All suites are comfortably furnished and include living area, bedroom, kitchen, bath and patio. Use of wireless Internet, bicycles and beach equipment is included. The peaceful setting and attention to detail makes Seahorse Cottages an ideal romantic destination. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Seahorse Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Motel Sanibel Island