Sanibel is beautiful, and this condo complex is really very nice. the beach is gorgeous and just steps from any unit. well maintained inside and out.
My beef, and I'm being totally serious here, is the pool. I have one daughter, 16, so I'm past the travelling with pre-teens phase. I have no use for a pool and would rather swim in the ocean, which I did daily.
At night, after dinner, I want to sit and listen to the ocean, the birds, enjoy a cocktail on the screened porch, but....and again, I'm being serious here....for our entire stay, every night, there was a group of a dozen kids playing Marco Polo for hours every night, from 7-10....SCREAMING "MARCO"...."POLO POLO POLO" for HOURS, it was Maddening! it echoes around the complex, you can hear it with the doors and windows closed. who are the parents who just let their kids scream all night? I don't begrudge kids playing in the pool all day, whatever, but must everyone in the complex be subjected to this all night long? CLOSE THE POOL AT 8!
If you are an adult, not travelling with kids, stay somewhere else, somewhere without a pool! I will never return to Pointe Santo.
I hate you Marco Polo, I really really grew to hate you over those seven nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pointe Santo de Sanibel is an upscale condominium resort located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Our family resort features a gulfside pool and whirlpool, a clubhouse, 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, beach volleyball and a supervised children's program. The grounds feature extensive tropical landscaping along a romantic lagoon crisscrossed by quaint bridges and walkways, Tiki huts and BBQ grills. All individually owned units feature a screenedmlanai with a Gulf view, full kitchens, individually controlled AC, cable & Wi-Fi. Pointe Santo is close to the bike path, "Ding" Darling wildlife refuge, theater, restaurants, and golf courses. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Island
- Point Santo Sanibel Island