“nice place, great beach, good sized units, but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pointe Santo de Sanibel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Pointe Santo de Sanibel
You added Pointe Santo de Sanibel to your Saves list
2445 W. Gulf Dr., Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“nice place, great beach, good sized units, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Sanibel is beautiful, and this condo complex is really very nice. the beach is gorgeous and just steps from any unit. well maintained inside and out.

My beef, and I'm being totally serious here, is the pool. I have one daughter, 16, so I'm past the travelling with pre-teens phase. I have no use for a pool and would rather swim in the ocean, which I did daily.

At night, after dinner, I want to sit and listen to the ocean, the birds, enjoy a cocktail on the screened porch, but....and again, I'm being serious here....for our entire stay, every night, there was a group of a dozen kids playing Marco Polo for hours every night, from 7-10....SCREAMING "MARCO"...."POLO POLO POLO" for HOURS, it was Maddening! it echoes around the complex, you can hear it with the doors and windows closed. who are the parents who just let their kids scream all night? I don't begrudge kids playing in the pool all day, whatever, but must everyone in the complex be subjected to this all night long? CLOSE THE POOL AT 8!

If you are an adult, not travelling with kids, stay somewhere else, somewhere without a pool! I will never return to Pointe Santo.
I hate you Marco Polo, I really really grew to hate you over those seven nights.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bruce P, Manager at Pointe Santo de Sanibel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found the complex and the beach to your liking.

One of the best features about Pointe Santo is our onsite management office located right next to the tennis courts. When that office is closed, the property is patrolled by one of two security guards, both of whom have been with Pointe Santo for many years. Guests can call for assistance anytime and we wish you had brought this situation to our attention during your visit.

Pointe Santo is a family friendly complex and we welcome our young visitors. That being said, we offer two adult only swim hours, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, for parents and grandparents to enjoy the pool. Children under 13 are not allowed to use the hot tub at any time.

We hope you'll give Pointe Santo another try but wherever you next vacation, we encourage you to contact the management immediately if you experience a problem. We're here to help.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mound, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We absolutely LOVED this condo!! It was our first time using VRBO to rent and it went seamlessly perfect! The owners were so wonderful to rent from. They were even gracious enough to let us switch from their penthouse unit over to this walk-out after we had paid. Switching was the best decision for our family. I highly suggest one of the 1st floor walk-outs if you are traveling with children. Only the walk-outs have the ability to exit right onto the walking path...which really is key if you have kids coming and going all day. The proximity of this specific condo to the pool and the beach is perfect!! We honestly couldn't have done any better. We could let the kids come and go freely and still be able to hear and partially see them at the pool. Speaking of the pool....I always see reviews complaining about the pool size, and I don't quite understand it. We didn't see any pools larger than this one at any of the condo complexes we saw along the beaches. I understand that it is probably the people that go during the busier times, but we went in August so there were only about 12 kids in the complex that week which was awesome because the pool was never crowded, and they could all go back and forth between the beach and the pool. This complex is very family-friendly and was beautifully maintained. We were really happy with the children's program offered every day and also the ice cream treats always available for purchase. Btw, the program also has one night a week where you can pay $15/kid and have about 3 hours to go out for dinner alone. They get pizza, a snack, and can watch a movie in the clubhouse. Really nice perk to have right out your door. I've seen reviews that the buildings are older, but they were doing outside painting repairs in August and the maintenance crew always seemed busy with the upkeep of the property. Anyhow, I'd prefer an older concrete build...we never heard a peep from anyone on either side or above us, which also made me feel better if the kids weren't being totally quiet. E2 is the most beautiful condo I've ever been to, but not in a way that makes you nervous to have the kids around. Very comfy furniture and extremely clean! The owners definitely put a lot a care and love into this unit and we were so sad when it came time to leave. The master bedroom is so comfy and that bathroom shower with a mermaid tile mural was AWESOME!! We actually were able to slept with the sliding glass doors open to hear the waves at night which was wonderful. You can also see the Gulf from the master bed and the chaise and that master room is huge! The twin room looks like it's out of a Pottery Barn magazine and was perfect for our kids. The beds were equally comfortable in there and the room was a very good size with it's own bathroom. The kitchen is my dream kitchen and gave me lots of ideas. We had such an amazing trip to Sanibel and the condo and Pointe Santo played a huge part in that. We always loved coming back at night to see the beautiful lighted paths and hear the waves crashing. The islands of Sanibel and Captiva are so beautiful and unique. We never tired of collecting shells and probably brought back close to 200, some fairly rare, but the Junonia evaded us....ughhhh!!! We were so busy discovering beaches during the day, trying new restaurants or cooking on the grill and then watching the sunsets at night, and working on a huge puzzle before bed. Honestly, you won't find a better condo at Pointe Santo or a better complex on Sanibel. We met some other families and invited them over for snacks and they couldn't believe how our unit compared to their's and they had all rented beachfront units and paid hundreds more. I did weeks of research before finally picking this unit so make sure you do your's as well. We will never venture away from E2 or Pointe Santo. It was really that perfect!!

Room Tip: Pick a walk-out level if you have children or mobility issues. The penthouse units did have very ni...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here for a week in unit A-6. We absolutely loved the location. We could walk directly from our unit outside (no elevators or hallways) to the beach. It made for a wonderful and relaxing week. I could sit on our patio and enjoy my coffee while my daughter explored the beach where I could see her and easily get to her if I needed to. As I walked on the beach, I noticed that most complexes did not have units at ground level.

We didn't swim in the pool (we were there for the beach) so couldn't really say much about how good the pool was. The woman that runs the activities (for kids) in the clubhouse was very friendly. We enjoyed talking to her and my daughter did one craft with her.

The condition of the unit was okay, nothing fancy, but it worked for a beach condo. We booked through VIP rentals and they were a pleasure to work with.

Overall, we really enjoyed the island (except the No See Ums - make sure to go to Bailey's general store to buy NOOOO no see um spray before you venture out in the mornings or evenings!) .

Room Tip: The A and E buildings at ground level are best as they walk directly out to the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Clarion, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been vacationing on Sanibel and Captiva Islands for many years, and have stayed at Pointe Santo 3 times. The location is fantastic, centrally located, a short drive to shopping and restaurants. Nice beach. They are one of the few resorts I found that offer a "children's program". Everyday, during the hottest part of the day, they offer a craft or other project that children can participate with inside the air conditioned clubhouse, located by the swimming pool. My son is an only child, and that program helped him meet other kids his age. They also offer "dinner and a movie" for the kids on Wednesday evening for a small fee.......the kids vote on the movie they want to watch on the big screen TV in the club house, dinner might be pizza, or hotdogs and chips, the staff watches them, and the adults get a couple of hours to themselves. The pool is small but nice, shell washing stations near the beach, tropical lagoon around the pool/clubhouse area full of fish, turtles, etc. Plenty of parking. We have enjoyed our vacations here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bucks UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We enjoyed staying at Pointe de Santo- we have stayed on Sanibel before but first time here. The condo was very comfy and well decorated There was an elevator (essential for us as our son is in a wheelchair). However it was quite small and it was quite tight for space and our son's chair is not full adult size. We enjoyed the pool area particularly as we met some nice people there but we were glad that we were not there in high season as it would be very crowded. We also would have liked more shady areas. There is only 1 table with chairs (the rest are just loungers) and there are no umbrellas. This is the only place we have stayed in Florida that hasn't had umbrellas. Even the area where there was shade provided by vegetation was clipped back to remove the shade toward the end of our stay. The free wifi was very good. We would consider staying again as it is on the beach and also close to restaurants, Baileys, Over Easy Cafe ( :) ) etc.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is fantastic- I can't say enough good things about it. We stayed in unit B22, which was very beautifully furnished. You can tell the owners put quite a bit of money into the furnishings and the overall look of the place. The screened-in lanai was perfect for morning breakfasts and coffee with the beautiful view. The place was impeccably clean. Each condo included its own parking spot, and though we didn't need an extra spot, I noticed guest parking spots as well. There were also plenty of bike racks for those who chose to rent bikes to explore the island (which we did for a day, and it was totally worth it- we had a blast).

We quickly learned that every day during low tide is the time to go "shelling" in the tide pools. We'd never done this before, and it was great. We found a lot of unique shells that we took home with us. The beach right off of this condo is the primo shelling beach on Sanibel. (Tip: Bring Keens or some other type of water shoe. The shells are so dense that in many areas, you're walking more on shells than you are sand. This is mainly during low tide. The beach is perfectly sandy for hanging out and playing in the sand.)

We went at the end of April, after the spring break crowds left, which was (in my opinion) a great time to go. The beaches weren't crowded at all. Perfect relaxing vacation. We hope to return this upcoming April. We can easily see this becoming our go-to place for a spring getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is our third trip in 6 years and it is a great place for the family to spend a week in the summer. We had a mini-family reunion and stayed in E6&7 which were great because we could walk out onto the beach. The rooms are large and have good layouts. The rooms themselves need some updating and some maintenance. Our bed was pretty firm similar to a piece of CDX plywood. maybe not that bad but too firm for me. We also had to change some light bulbs. Sanibel Island and this property are very relaxing and quiet. They have a nice pool, a bit on the small side but not bad. It is too warm though. We were there in early August so maybe they can't do anything but it was similar to a warm bath, too warm. Overall we were happy and will return.

Room Tip: Get the bottom floor in A or E buildings that you can walk right out onto the beach. We were in E6&a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pointe Santo de Sanibel? Share your experiences!