We stayed in the motel part, unit #1, actually on the beach. The view down the beach and toward the sunset was really nice. They also had cottages, not as close to the beach but still right there. Everything was clean, nicely kept up, cute. Pool was wonderful, never crowded. We shelled and fished right in front of our room, 30 feet from our door .We grilled some of the fish we caught. The beach here is very child friendly, shallow water. The location to town and Captiva Island could not be beat, very central. The beach was never crowded here either, just a handful of other guests on it when we were. This is not a fancy place but laid back, clean and friendly. It was a very nice place to stay and we would choose this over some of the condos we saw from the beach just because it is so close to the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island