We booked a last-minute weekend trip on Sanibel, and stayed in the motel at Shalimar for the first time. I had read negative reviews on tripadvisor regarding the noise level from overhead rooms; however, I wasn't overly concerned as our room was on the top floor. We arrived late at night, and the staff was very helpful in ensuring we were able to find and access our rooms at that late hour. The room was very clean and had a MARVELOUS view of the ocean. Although we heard very little noise from our neighbors on the first night, the floor squeaked every time we took a step, and we felt like we couldn't walk without disturbing the guests underneath us. The second night was very different - we could hear our neighbor snoring as though he was in the room with us. My boyfriend had to use earplugs to go to sleep! I think we will try the cottages when we come back. Other than the noise issue, Shalimar was PERFECT. The beach is literally steps away from the motel, and we had fun renting kayaks and shelling. The staff was non-intrusive and very friendly. Visitors should be warned there is no room service provided here - you can exchange your dirty linens for clean at the office.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island