My husband and I just returned from our yearly vacation in Sanibel. This was our 13th year staying at Shalimar. It is one of Sanibel's hidden gems. Our motel room is clean and comfortable, and best of all is the view of the Gulf of Mexico. Every night we sit on the lanai with our glasses of wine and watch the sun set. If you like the beach, there is nothing closer on Sanibel than Shalimar! Management, starting from the top with Romas, are friendly and accommodating.
We see many of the same people year after year, in fact, one couple we've met have been coming to Shalimar for 40 years!
The property is well maintained and each year we go we find that some new improvement has been made.
Each year when we check out there is never any question about re-booking for the next year!
Would highly recommend this property!
Ron and Donna Baker, Guilderland, NY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island