We stayed a week in a 2-bedroom unit at Casa Ybel. It was my 5th trip to the island, and my first stay at Casa Ybel. The property's location is on the Gulf in a lovely, natural setting. However, for the price we paid I was expecting much higher-end accommodations. Instead, the unit we stayed in was in need of some upgrading and TLC. For example, the laminate was peeling off nearly all the pressed-board cupboards and drawers in the kitchen. The tile floor in the kitchen was badly marred with dirty grout. All of the utensils in the kitchen were cheap and poor quality; there wasn't a single decent knife that I could chop with. As a result, we made no meals at the condo.
As for the resort amenities, beware: They charge for beach chair and umbrella rental. And, the drink prices at the pool bar, Coconuts, are confiscatory! We were also disappointed with the pool. Being lap swimmers, my husband and I and were attracted by Casa Ybel's advertised Olympic-sized pool. However, we were disappointed to find that they rope off the pool in the center, making it difficult to swim laps across the pool's length. And they refused to remove the rope while we swam, citing some local ordinance requiring it. But, I must give credit for their free wifi that worked great even on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural, secluded and exclusive, historic Casa Ybel Resort epitomizes the sanctuary, old-island spirit of Sanibel. Occupying 23 acres of beach front property isolated from commercial enterprise, the resort forms a sheltered getaway where romantic surroundings and outdoor recreation attract couples and families alike. Travelers have found respite and hospitality here since the 1890's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Casa Ybel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ybel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Resort Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Casa Ybel