“The Best Massage!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 activities in Sanibel Island
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Spatini Teabar is a new concept, organic spa & salon. Expect the unexpected, including very reasonable prices and refreshing new, creative ways of delivering healthy, effective spa and salon services. Please visit our website for a full menu!
White Plains
“The Best Massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I enjoy getting massages but my massages with Amy were hands down the BEST I've ever had. The space is tranquil and her technique is superb. She is very personable and takes great care with each client. While my extended family was vacationing five of us had massages and each one raved about Amy. I love the teas and ambiance of the whole place. It's very unpretentious and comfortable. I can't wait until next April when we return!

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much! We all thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your wonderful extended family! One of the great things about being in this business is making new friends that feel ike part of our new extended family. I'm so glad to have made a difference in your lives and to have provided a great experience for you . I look forward to your return.

Columbus, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
“Nice, but fell short on space”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had scheduled pedis & manis as a treat on vacation. I enjoy the comfortable salon chairs most spas offer while getting a pedi. Their set up is a bit different in that they are not traditional spa chairs, so there isn't a lot of room for the person providing the services. The tea bar was good. Wish their space was a bit larger for more of a relaxing experience.

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Spatini Teabar opened in July of 2009. We did very well enough to move and double our space. Response has been so great to what we do and how we do it at our current location that, as you can tell from our friend's review, we need to expand even more! It is a happy dilemma! Stay tuned for yet another expansion and further improvements as life allows! :)

All that said, as mentioned in other reviews, expect the unexpected at Spatini. No pedi thrones where one can catch an untold amount of aliments. Instead, relax in leather club chairs viewable on our web site while technicians sit on a teak root tree to provide the pedi-tini service. We love being in our social "pedi circle" and feel that we have enough room to work effectively.

Blessings......
Liberty, Missouri, United States
“"My Wedding Day!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were in Sanibel for my March 31st, 2012 wedding on Captiva Island! I had scheduled pedis for the 4 of us girls and I was scheduled in a few hours later for hair and make up.
My sister-in-law had to cancel because of the lovely Florida sun! My fiance and his step dad and friend decided that day they wanted pedis too after their golf was cancelled... the staff did their best and fit them in as well on little notice.. thank you for that!!
Us girls were pleased with ours, small space but lovely and intimate.

Later I came back for hair and make up. I had gone fishing the day before and got burnt on my shoulders from the Florida sun. I was worried how I was going to look in my wedding photos, which was going to happen in a few hours! Sherri Tamras my hair stylist, did an AMAZING job on my hair, looked exactly like the photo! I was very pleased with her work and she made me feel relaxed and beautiful..(the wine helped) thank you for that!
Also, Amy did my make up and I LOVED it! She paid attention to detail, added the extra glitz and even blended/evened out the lines on my burnt shoulders! Thank you for that!
Everyone said I looked stunning and my husband was in tears! The pictures were beautiful!!

Thank you ladies sooo much for making me feel so beautiful on my special day!!

Visited March 2012
Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
We really enjoyed working with you and your party for your special day. So glad we could accommodate everyone and certainly glad I could camophlage that sunburn! I do hope we see you again on a future visit to the island...minus the sunburn this time though! Congratulations on your wedding. You looked lovely and were wonderful for us all to work with.

I'm at your service for any future needs you or your family may have.

From your new Sanibel friends at Spatini!!
Southern IL
31 attraction reviews
“Very unprofessional...but a great massage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My daughter and I had never had a massage and picked spatini from the tripadvisor reviews. We arrived and no one seemed to know what was going on. There was not a massage therapist there at that time and no one seemed to know what services were available or when we would be able to make an appointment. We also wanted a facial and they again didn't have a facialist there at that time and didn't know when there would be one. We made an appointment for several hours later and they would "try" to find out when a facialist would be available. When we arrived back for our appointment again no one seemed to know what was going on. We were never offered tea, even though my 11 year old daughter waited in the spa while I was receiving my massage and I in turn waited on her. The massage was fabulous and we have no complaints at all about the service there. While my daughter was getting her massage one of the staff brought in cookies and offered them to the ladies getting manicures but not to those in the waiting area. We asked again about a facial and were told they were "waiting to hear back". We left without the facial. We were there over the busy Easter weekend, I'm shocked that they didn't have staff available for the services they advertise.

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
I do remember this Mother/Daughter duo. Unfortunately, they walked in to make an appointment on Friday of Easter weekend when we were already swamped and nearly fully booked. It is always best in season to make appointments ahead so that you can get the full attention you deserve.

Also unfortunate, although we tried to call in an added Esthetician so that we could accommodate their request for facials, we were unable to get someone. (And we do so hate to disappoint!)

I also do remember offering her daughter tea while she read her book waiting for her mother to finish her massage. She declined but I guess perhaps her Mom did not realize.

We do hope this Mom/Daugther duo return but perhaps either during a less busy time or if in season, that they make a reservation ahead of time so we can fulfill all their wishes.

Thank you!
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Small but very unique!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Our weeken on Sanibel was for my brother's wedding. The enitre wedding party received pedicures at Spatini the day of the wedding. The staff and location were very small, not like what we are used to in the city, but they did the best they could and we received excellant service. Only dislike was the girls were a lottle rough on the cuticles.

The bride also had her hair and makeup done at the salon. She looked phenomenal!! She had taken a picture with her and the stylist matched it perfectly! This place is a great find in a great location.

Visited March 2012