This wasn't the first time that my wife and I stayed at this hotel, however it has been several years since our last stay. The pro's about this hotel are mainly one thing -- it's right on the beach! Walk from your room down a short sandy path and you are standing right on the beach! The hotel provides chaise lounger chairs and places them on the beach for your use which is very nice. Near the beach is the hotel swimming pool with poolside bar. It's all open air and has a very island feel to it. I must be honest, however, if it weren't for it's proximity to the beach I probably would have chosen another place to stay. Why? The hotel rooms are in need of renovation and updating to the 21st Century. The housekeeping was good and the rooms were clean to a degree. Well, in a sandy place it doesn't make much sense to put down carpet in the rooms, but if your room is on the 2nd floor, it's carpeted [1st floor rooms have tile floors], and the carpet is showing it's age! Ours, in addition to showing visible soiling also had what looked like swirls from bleach! I wouldn't plan on doing any floor stretches on that carpet. What's not 21st century? Much. The TV's are old tube style [not flat screen and certainly not HD]. There is no wireless internet. The usable electric outlets were sparse and limited to the sink area unless you wanted to stoop, crawl, or bend behind the furniture. Good luck recharging your cellphone, iPod, or computer. The internet connection is a cable which is coiled [and attached] inside one of the bedside stands. The plug for the internet connection is hidden behind the headboard of the bed, and no, it isn't plugged in on either end -- you must solve this mystery for yourself! The rooms are small standard hotel rooms, and not the spacious ones which the newer Holiday Inns now have. Except for sleeping, I wouldn't plan on spending a lot of time in one these rooms because there's no place to kick back. Lastly, although this is a beachfront hotel, don't expect to see the Gulf of Mexico from your room unless you specifically book a Gulf view room. The vast majority of rooms do not have that view. Overall, if it were not for the beach location, I would be rating this hotel much lower than I have. They need to step it up and get this property into the 21st Century! At least do some room renovation and get rid of the soiled carpet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We cordially invite you to relax and enjoy our tropical island beach paradise at the Holiday Inn Beach Resort Hotel on Sanibel Island.The experience begins the moment you cross the Sanibel Causeway just west of Fort Myers, Florida and travel over the azure waters of the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. You'll feel the stress and fast pace of every-day life slip away.The Holiday Inn Beach Resort Hotel on Sanibel Island is located on one of the most beautiful sanctuary islands in the world with the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico as our own back yard. Sanibel Island is renowned for its natural beauty and habitat, miles of unspoiled beaches, world famous shell collecting, an array of activities, water sports, fishing and exceptional restaurants. Whether your visit brings you to our beachfront hotel for business or for pleasure, you will enjoy our charmingly quaint resort hotel surrounded by lush tropical landscape, pristine beach, ponds with waterfalls, outdoor pool with expansive sun deck, tennis courts and friendly staff who are eager to assist you.Plan your well deserved vacation or romantic getaway on Sanibel Island now. We specialize in leisure vacations, small meetings, retreats, corporate incentive travel and beach side weddings. We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Sanibel Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sanibel Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Holiday Inn