“Simple but Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Sanibel Island
“Simple but Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The location and layout is what makes this place. It does not look like your typical holiday inn aesthetically- it is very lush and beautiful. The rooms are dated decor and bedspread wise but they have a nice flat screen tv. The access to the beach is such a breeze! We enjoyed our one night stay and the front desk was professional and friendly. We spent most of our time in captiva so enjoying the area was really what we were after!

• Stayed September 2013
Danny A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sanibel Island, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am going to agree with you the grounds and landscaping is very nice here(and I see it every day, still think it's amazing). Our staff is experienced and friendly. And also agree Captiva Island is a wonderful place to spend as much time as you can!
Thanks for your comments.
danny@sanibelbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am from Spring Arbor, Michigan.I came to Sanlibel with my discipleship program. When I went to Sanibel; I was granted to stay at the beautiful hotel Holiday Inn Sanibel Isalnd. Sanibel Island, is a beautiful place. The beach is absolutley gorgeous,filled with comfortable chairs to relax on.The pool at this resort, was phenominal, the temperature of the water was perfect, and they have a snack bar in the area. The lounge area is very relaxing.The hotel room was great and the beds were extremlely comfortable. There is a restaurant and the food was dellicious. The staff at the hotel, truly treat you like a guest. I was beyond blessed to be waited on by considerate, and attentive staff.They made my stay absolutley wonderful. Whenever I visit the area again, I will make sure I stay at this wonderful hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I had a very pleasent stay. I only stayed for one night and the rooms were as advertised. The only service I had was that I tried their gorgous restaurant star fish grille. The 5oz sirloin well done was delious and juicy. They have a small menu, but they are very pricy. Dinner between me, my mom and little sis plus only 2 deserts came out to be $100 bucks tax included.

The atmosphere of that restaurant is very classy with low romantic style lighting. With a fake tree and lit stars in the middle of the restaurant and every table had wine glasses. The bar is nicely lit and built to the modern style. Breakfast there in my opinion is too expensive... exagerative, a glass of apple juice should not cost 6 dollars. It's Very nice for a couple who would like to spend one nice quite dinner night until you look at the bill.

We tried a small restaurant on periwinkle rd on the island called "the island cow". Lunch for 3 was no more than 40 bucks tax included but not including tip.

Overall I loved the location of the hotel because it was in middle of the entrance from the main rd and you could easily drive and check out all the other stores and restaurants on the main rd called periwinkle. It is really close to other hotels but it is so quite that you do not notice. The atmosphere is not for spring breakers it is very laid back with only sight seeing and sea shell hunting. And the beach in back of the hotel had PLENTY of sea shells. Oh and there are no water craft sports in walking distance from the hotel so kids will probably be bored.

Lastly I am not familiar with the gulf too much but i have walked and bathed in the sea water innthe northern part of the island and it is a bit more clearer and not so much a brown look as it was at the hotel which is further south...... Not sure if it changes through out the year or depends on the current..

All I know is that i liked it, and when I come back I probably wont come back to the same hotel only because I want to experience a different part of the island... unless the price is in my favor, I wouldnt mind staying here again.

anyway I hope my review was helpful in some way.

• Stayed September 2013
Danny A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sanibel Island, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Well of course your review is helpful. It is our report card. Looks like you did exploring around the island restaurants; and yes the prices do very somewhat. Our front desk offers a Dining Guide at no charge that publishes the island restaurants menus(and prices), and please feel free to ask any staff member their opinions, there are some wonderful restaurants on both Sanibel and Captiva, including our own Starfish Grille.
As to the water clarity is does vary with the tides, wind direction, thunder storms(stirs-up the bottom, gulf is shallow) and the fresh water releases from Lake Okeechobee this summer. Of late it looks pretty much normal(more blue-green) as the releases have been curtailed.
Thank you for your comments.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was my first time on Sanibel Island and it was GREAT. We Just got engage and want to get away for the weekend. Upon check we met Claudia she was very pleasant and helpful.
Our stay was awesome. one problem was our bed and Claudia and Paulette took great care of us they send some one up right away to check out the bed and we were please. Thank you t all the staff at the holiday inn.

THE STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL. JIM AT THE FRONT DESK WAS ALSO WARM AND NICE. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF WHO WORK THE WEEKEND OF 9/13/13.
I WILL BE RETURNING WITH MY FIANCE OR MY HUSBAND. THANK YOU ALL. YOU GUYS ROCK. BYE

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your comments. It's nice have guests mention the staff because I know they do their best to have our guests enjoy our hotel and Sanibel Island. It will be a pleasure to see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our experience started off with a free upgrade and just kept getting better. Maybe the nicest staff of any place I have stayed. We forgot a toiletry that the gift shop carries, but they refused to take any money for it. The location is right on the beach. Lounge chairs & umbrellas are provided. Also, several Pawley's Island style hammocks grace the property. Great looking tiki bar out back, always packed. I can't wait to go back.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am from Mill Hall, PA, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a couple days during a week with a group of friends and it was amazing. There were many opportunities, such as tennis, pool, ping pong, and a wonderful beach to play sports on. The service was excellent, and rooms were well kept and daily checked on. The landscape was amazing and capable of being explored, as well as many ponds to chill and relax by. The experience was amazing and a perfect place to go, when you need to get away from life and enjoy a wonderful vacation.

Milan, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Coming from Milan, MI, I came with some close friends to soak up the sun and beach. Sanibel Island is beautiful and this hotel just adds to the beauty. Placed on the beach, it provides a view like no other. It was so nice to be able to walk just five minutes down to the beach to look for beautiful shells and relax in the sun. The other nice part was the pool was right on the way, so the days we felt like just tanning, we only had to walk five steps and we were at a gorgeous pool that was refreshing and cool in the hot sun. The food was amazing! The restaurant there is top notch and I can't wait to eat there again. The staff was also amazing. They were so attentive and made sure that we were well accommodated during our stay, providing fresh towels everyday and making sure that we were enjoying ourselves. My vacation was truly relaxing and refreshing, thanks to the Holiday Inn in Sanibel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Sanibel Island? Share your experiences!