If you're looking for fancy and spa-like, go somewhere else. If you're looking for a genuine old-Florida vacation experience, get here as quick as you can. My daughter and I wanted a stress-free getaway for the long holiday weekend and are SO GLAD that we chose this Holiday Inn. Perfect perfect perfect.
We were greeted IMMEDIATELY by the smiling front desk staff member who gave us a quick but thorough run-down of the amenities.
Our room and bathroom were cheerful and spotless - immaculate. We loved that there was a decent sized refrigerator and microwave in the room as we were able to buy cold cuts and breakfast stuff at Publix and saved a lot of money on meals. The beds and pillows were comfortable enough that we both slept really well all three nights (and we both tend to have trouble sleeping in hotels so that's saying a lot.)
The pool area was great - the grounds were lovely - and the beach was RIGHT THERE. But best of all, there were HAMMOCKS!! IN THE TREES!!! Color me happy. :)
Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We had more towels than we could use, the housekeeping staff was very accommodating the tiki bar bartenders were fabulous and the restaurant was a delight. Although we felt the drinks at the tiki bar were a little pricey, the restaurant was in line with everywhere else in the area and the food and service were top-notch. We were lucky enough to arrive on Thursday which was sushi night and had AMAZING sushi - I've had the best of the best in Chicago and Los Angeles and this was right up there. I'd consider making the drive from Sarasota just for more of it on another night! We had dinner there Saturday night as well and were just as pleased with the traditional menu offerings.
Although we were there over a holiday weekend and the place was full to capacity the pool and the beach areas NEVER felt crowded.
i'd like to suggest some kind of covered area where guests could still sit "outside" when it's raining... which it did a lot this weekend. And we wished the tiki bar was open later! Those are minor details in our overall experience though.
Thank you for a wonderful 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We cordially invite you to relax and enjoy our tropical island beach paradise at the Holiday Inn Beach Resort Hotel on Sanibel Island.The experience begins the moment you cross the Sanibel Causeway just west of Fort Myers, Florida and travel over the azure waters of the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. You'll feel the stress and fast pace of every-day life slip away.The Holiday Inn Beach Resort Hotel on Sanibel Island is located on one of the most beautiful sanctuary islands in the world with the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico as our own back yard. Sanibel Island is renowned for its natural beauty and habitat, miles of unspoiled beaches, world famous shell collecting, an array of activities, water sports, fishing and exceptional restaurants. Whether your visit brings you to our beachfront hotel for business or for pleasure, you will enjoy our charmingly quaint resort hotel surrounded by lush tropical landscape, pristine beach, ponds with waterfalls, outdoor pool with expansive sun deck, tennis courts and friendly staff who are eager to assist you.Plan your well deserved vacation or romantic getaway on Sanibel Island now. We specialize in leisure vacations, small meetings, retreats, corporate incentive travel and beach side weddings. We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Sanibel Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sanibel Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Holiday Inn