We arrived at the Holiday Inn unexpectedly after an unpleasant experience with another property on the island. What a welcoming change!
The room was large and clean with a nice-size fridge, microwave, small dining table and chairs for added convenience. The vanity and closet area was in the main room, with a TINY separate room for toilet and bath /shower combination. Decor is a bit dated but beds were comfortable and feather-free as requested.
Grounds are very nice with a good sized pool area, bar and a lovely landscaped section leading to the beach with large hammocks hanging from palm trees. The beautiful Sanibel beach is particularly wide in the section where the hotel is located and staff put sun loungers out on the sand each morning for guests to use. Though busy with walkers and shellers, it never seemed crowded. Watching dolphins play just offshore is an added treat.
Bikes rentals are available on site, which is easily the best way to get around the island. A nice bonus is the option to rent kayaks, paddleboards, etc.
The location is very convenient, with all the shops and restaurants of Periwinkle Way just a quick bike or drive away.
Front desk service was friendly and courteous for the most part and my husband appreciated the complimentary coffee each morning. However they were unwilling or unable for some reason to look up my Priority Club membership number to attach it to my reservation. They said I would have to call myself, which I found a bit unusual and not particularly helpful.
As very few hotel / motel options on Sanibel offer full service dining, this is a nice option to have at the Holiday Inn. However we didn't visit the restaurant so can't comment on the quality, price or service.
Room rates were comparable with other properties on the island offering fewer amenities so overall I would consider this hotel a good value for the area. It offers the consistent, reliable quality of a Holiday Inn while maintaining the quiet, laid-back character for which Sanibel is renowned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We cordially invite you to relax and enjoy our tropical island beach paradise at the Holiday Inn Beach Resort Hotel on Sanibel Island.The experience begins the moment you cross the Sanibel Causeway just west of Fort Myers, Florida and travel over the azure waters of the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. You'll feel the stress and fast pace of every-day life slip away.The Holiday Inn Beach Resort Hotel on Sanibel Island is located on one of the most beautiful sanctuary islands in the world with the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico as our own back yard. Sanibel Island is renowned for its natural beauty and habitat, miles of unspoiled beaches, world famous shell collecting, an array of activities, water sports, fishing and exceptional restaurants. Whether your visit brings you to our beachfront hotel for business or for pleasure, you will enjoy our charmingly quaint resort hotel surrounded by lush tropical landscape, pristine beach, ponds with waterfalls, outdoor pool with expansive sun deck, tennis courts and friendly staff who are eager to assist you.Plan your well deserved vacation or romantic getaway on Sanibel Island now. We specialize in leisure vacations, small meetings, retreats, corporate incentive travel and beach side weddings. We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Sanibel Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sanibel Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Holiday Inn