“Loved the Tuna Nachos” 4 of 5 stars

239-395-1263
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
San Jose, Ca
“Loved the Tuna Nachos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stopped in here for lunch at the end of August and had the ahi tuna nachos..yum and the lobster rolls which were the special that day both were fantastic! The service was freindly and we felt the pricing was reasonable.
The paintings decorating the wall were nice and the service was friendly.
We will come back if ever on the Island again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Portage Lakes, Ohio, United States
“Great flat bread appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife had the crap flat bread bruchetta and i had the buffalo shrimp flat bread both were more food than we expected it was like eating a whole pizza. Very good will eat there again

Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“For all the hype - not that good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

While in Sanibel we decided to eat here. We had high hopes for this places because it is ranked #2 on TripAdvisor. In my opinion, they missed the mark.

When we got there the place was empty. Now, the night before it had a wait outside! True it was 630p, but hello where is the early bird crowd?

We were immediately seated (good) and our waiter came over for our drink order. Hubby had beer and I had water. We ordered the "special" appetizer of the night which was a crab fondue.

The crab fondue was EXCELLENT. Please note it was $11. I did not realize this until the bill came!! But, when it was served it was hot and YUMMY! We enjoyed it so much we were encouraged that dinner would be great!

After the fondue the waiter brought bread. It was served with a puddle of something. I asked and was told it was their balsamic dipping sauce. Now, you can see from the picture it looks nasty, but the taste was so-so. It was pretty strong and so the smell was a little turn off.

For dinner, my Hubby ordered the blackened Grouper with mashed potatoes. He LOVED IT. He said there was no fishy taste. The only complaint was that he would have liked it better if they had blacked it after removing the skin! I sampled the mashed potatoes and OMG they were so good; clearly made in house.

I ordered the grilled shrimp dinner with jasmine rice. OK, there were 8 shrimp on the plate. I was disappointed because for >$20 per person I think there should dang well be more than 8 of those suckers! The horseradish sauce was very good and again clearly fresh. The veggies and rice - plain and ordinary so no thanks!

When the check came I literally fell out of the booth. We had a FAR SUPERIOR meal and experience at the Thistle lodge for about $95 so to get this bill at $70 something was offensive.

We paid the bill and left, but let me tell you know...for the money GOTO THE THISTLE LODGE instead. I dont know what my fellow Trip-Advisor posters are talking about.

We would not visit here again!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stopped for lunch as the location was on the main intersection near Bailey's General Store. Very quiet this time of year with many places closed. Lunch was ok, we all had fish platters but the salmon was undercooked and everyone elses' was just sort of ok. The inside had some air work, but seems very much like bar.

Visited September 2012
Georgia
“See food but seafood?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Like much of Sanibel, the food is quite expensive for the quality and/or the amount. My shrimp and scallops pasta was tasty but four shrimp and four scallops seemed stingy for $25.00. Not much atmosphere but some nice original art throughout the dining room.

Visited August 2012