“Outstanding Restaurant and Gathering Place” 5 of 5 stars

239-472-0223
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Cips Place has lush landscaping and wonderful outdoor seating. Its beautifully decorated interior has a large wall mural painted by a local artist who has featured many of the faces of people from sanibel history. The chef,Blaine and his wife Alison are co-owners and come from a long history of food service.The food is great and the locals frequent Cips and are enjoying it.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Outstanding Restaurant and Gathering Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place is in a small shopping center close to the center of the island. My wife and I stopped in for a drink and really liked it. The bartender was named Francesco and he spoke english, spanish, and understood my italian so that was fun.
We like Cips so much that we came back for dinner. We met a waiter there name David who was originally from Younstown, Ohio.
Since we're from Cleveland we had a lot in common. He was an excellent waiter and extremely friendly. As a matter of fact the whole place is friendly.
The dinner was fantastic as was the service, decor and atmosphere.
We highly rate this restaurant.

Visited May 2014

Pennsylvania
“Great dinner and value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had skipped lunch and so arrived early at Cip's for dinner. Had very good Margaritas to begin with and then took advantage of the early bird dinners for $12 each. Husband had salmon which he said was cooked perfectly, I had buttermilk chicken with sage gravy over scalloped potatoes which I loved. Would definitely recommend Cip's while visiting Sanibel.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“I thought it would be better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

First, we had a wonderful time and the food was good. Not average. There is no rating for good, only average to very good. My CipTini was amazing! I guess the bad feeling started for me, when we were jammed into a table and it looked like my father in law was squished. He said he was OK. The atmosphere is very nice. I love the mural of the famous Sanibelians on the wall and the Yankee Clipper bar. The Yankee Clipper is the name of the old ferry that brought people to Sanibel. Also, the outside deck is beautiful but we never sit out there because of the bugs. The people we saw who were sitting out there came inside. I always order the special because I like to know what the best dish is the chef can prepare. Not to mention, we are at the beach, so I order fish, which is generally the chef special here. My appetizer was the the shrimp and crab bisque. It was also sooo good.

I should have stopped at the CipTini and bisque because my dinner was unremarkable. The blackened Triple Tail was a little overcooked and the couscous wasn't very good. The green beans were cooked to perfection so I guess it wasn't a total loss. I also thought the waiter was a nice guy but his service skills were average. He should have been more observant to the fact we had drunk our water and it took him a little too long to get our bar beverage order. Anyway, we had a good family dinner but I just had the lingering feeling it should have been a better dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mary, Florida
“Return visit every time we come to Sanibel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A year ago we ate twice at Cip's and didn't want to skip it this year. Four of us went for dinner. A beautifully decorated restaurant set back from the road. Every time we drive in, my husband cringes to see cars there; but he can't claim Cip's as his own gem! Three of us had the buttermilk chicken over scalloped potatoes; and I had the lightly dusted snapper with black beans and yellow rice. All very good and ate everything on the plate. Wish we would have had room for the deserts!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fort myers
“Cips makes me smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

cips is on my list of favorites to visit when on sanibel. We have always had a great meal here. On our recent visit my family enjoyed the fall off the bone bbq ribs, the home style buttermilk fried chicken, and the steak chimmichuri. All were superb, fresh and hot. You can really tell the chef puts his all into the cuisine. As for the service, they are prompt, happy and very knowledgable about the menu and their really cool wall of sanibel legends. So if your on sanibel, make sure you give them I try, I'm sure glad I did.

• Visited June 2014