“Ticks all the boxes - and then some.” 5 of 5 stars

239-472-0223
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Cips Place has lush landscaping and wonderful outdoor seating. Its beautifully decorated interior has a large wall mural painted by a local artist who has featured many of the faces of people from sanibel history. The chef,Blaine and his wife Alison are co-owners and come from a long history of food service.The food is great and the locals frequent Cips and are enjoying it.
London Scot
“Ticks all the boxes - and then some.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We took advantage of the happy-hour six by six and can only rave about the excellent meal we enjoyed. We sat outside on the balcony overlooking the garden area - truly splendid. The setting takes some beating. I have sat outside before at other venues and 'been forgotten', but not on this occasion. The service was friendly, helpful and attentive.

We chose salmon from the restricted list and were not disappointed. The quality of the fish was excellent and portions were more than adequate. Other courses did not disappoint, either.

The meal delivered serious value for money. It is clear to see why the early-bird arrangement is so popular; I imagine the luncheon and dinner options also attract regular traffic. Returning to this restaurant is a no-brainer - do yourself a favour, whatever time of day it is.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Yorkshire UK
“The best of the week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Sanibel and try most of the restaurants. We always migrate back to Cips. Love it! Good food, freshly prepared, attentive staff who listen & delivery, friendly, comfortable, clean. Always feels a little more up market than the rest of the "samish bunch".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Paris, ME
“First stop on Sanibel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Sanibel, I always make my first stop at Cip's, especially for lunch.I feel like I'm home again, and enjoy all the warm and friendly staff. Service is great and prompt. I am working my way through that menu ! Yesterday I had the Grouper BLT, which is so far my favorite. The Grouper was fresh and flaky on a mound of lettuce, tomato and crisp bacon on a rosmary ciabatta roll, and my favorite Cip's chips. Back again today, and just had to try the chopped chicken salad. Embarassed to say I scrapped the plate. Oh, by the way, CIP's is Dog Friendly, and I was very impressed with the attention the staff gave the four legged visitors.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colchester, Vermont
“Cip's Place is great !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

All I can say is wow! By far one of the best meals I have had on the island. Very friendly staff and excellent service. hostess took the time to explain the fabulous mural. Our dining experience was fabulous all around. Will surely return! Menu selection was great and we had the privilege of enjoying one of the nightly specials, a rib eye steak topped with prawns. The steak was cooked to perfection, and the combination of seasonings and BBQ sauce on the prawns was a perfect match. Having been a long time return guest to Sanibel we are so pleased to find a restaurant with fantastic service, food and and a great atmosphere for all to enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wareham, Massachusetts
“So glad we tried cips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went to cips and then went back the next for lunch it was that good. The food is very tasty the service was wonderful and dessert was delectable. Highly recommend cips and if you do go make sure to try Cips Chips they were really good

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere