“My new annual place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Sanibel Moorings
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   845 East Gulf Drive, Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“My new annual place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I never write reviews...good or bad, but had to this time! I just spent one week of the best Florida relaxing times I ever had. The room was great. The staff were happy and couldn't do enough for us. Sanibel is the ideal Florida atmosphere. We stayed in a two bedroom condo that was oh so Florida. Fully equipped and everything worked. Pool, beach, gardens, all so immaculately kept.
Short drive to mainland, but only did it once... I will return every year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SMCA845, Front Office Manager at Sanibel Moorings, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear jerry s,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, at Sanibel Moorings, with others! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back to see us again next year!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a gorgeous area of Sanibel and the condos are well-maintained and the gardens and surroundings are a pleasure to view each day but if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing area, this isn't for you. I'm sure it's not always this busy here but there are a lot of families and people walking around at all times which is expected with a condo but it can get noisy and at times, takes away from a vacation (for me at any rate). The units are clean and very nice - don't get me wrong but I think this should be mentioned if you're looking for a get away and a tranquil spot in Sanibel.

Room Tip: Second floor - gulf view or gulf front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you'll come visit us again soon!
Swedesboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Sanibel Moorings from June 2-10. Prior to arriving I was a little apprehensive as to whether Sanibel Moorings would live up to their website's description. I am happy to report that my expectations were exceeded. Our unit was very clean and looked exactly like what I viewed on their website. The amenities in the room were just what we needed - plenty of utensils, dishes and cups as well as the major and small appliances in the kitchen. The grounds are beautifully kept and are worth walking through to admire all the beautiful plants and flowers. While we did not make use of the pools, they were enjoyed by others and were well maintained.This was out first time to Sanibel and the staff at Sanibel Moorings were most gracious and accommodating. It will soon be a month since we were there, yet my wife and I can't stop thinking and talking about our trip. We can't wait to return. Thank you for Sanibel Moorings for helping make our trip to Sanibel one of our most enjoyable and memorable vacations. We enjoyed it so much that SW Florida has risen to the top of our list of potential places for us to retire.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GuyNJ,

Thank you, so much, for writing such a nice review of our resort! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to hear that you'll be coming back to visit us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights 6/8-6/12 in Unit #732. This was our second visit to the property and we absolutely loved it! We had a gulf view from our balcony and it was so nice to be able to see beach conditions before hauling all your stuff out there.

The condo was spotlessly clean and well equipped with everything we needed. The botanical gardens were lovely and we did the garden tour with Anita (very informative and good- but HOT! weather).

We hope to return to the property again many times in the future.

Room Tip: Unit 732 has a gulf view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear amycjes,

We are so thankful that you took the time to write such a nice review of our resort! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently renewed our vows on the beach at Sanibel Moorings and I could not have asked for anything better. The scenery was amazing, the value could not be beat, and the service manager, Kari, went above and beyond. She made everything so special. She also took some great pictures. They even had a champagne toast for us with sparkling juice for my children. I highly recommend everyone go see Kari at Sanibel Moorings.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear garyminer25,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our resort! We were honored to be part of your special day! Congratulations!!
Amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I started coming to Sanibel Island and the Moorings with my parents and sister when I was 13 every summer. Now I come with my husband and daughters. We have been 4 times over the last 20 years and plan to up that number considerably over the years to come! Sanibel is such a beautiful place and the Moorings fit right in to the peaceful backdrop of the Gulf. The grounds around the condos are beautifully kept without interrupting the natural beauty of the Island. I like that we can buy groceries and have breakfast on the lanai and lunch on the beach. Then plan to go out to dinner. We cooked on the grill for supper a couple of times because none of us wanted to leave the beach! A nice dip in the pool tops of a day at the beach. We love the Moorings and will be back soon!! Thanks for a great vacation!
Ps. My oldest daughter's boyfriend came with us and he proposed to her while we were there...she said yes!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SMCA845, Front Office Manager at Sanibel Moorings, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Kathy9296,

Thank you for sharing your experience, of Sanibel Moorings, with others! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I traveled from California to Sanibel to shell. We had an amazing time! The room was extremely clean and well kept. The grounds are beautiful. The shelling was good. We will try coming in the winter when there are westernly winds next time.
The location is just a few minutes from light house beach. We went to several beaches while we were there. The staff was very pleasant. We will definitely plan another visit.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear AyanaJ826,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sanibel Moorings! Please come back to see us soon!

Been to Sanibel Moorings? Share your experiences!