We joined our son on his vac at the Moorings, and found the property & loc to be excellent and echoed what other reviewers have said.
It was very quiet in early Dec, we do know that in season it would be busier esp around the pools. Here's a summary of some pertinent details:
- Condo's loc & amenities are excellent (years ago we stayed at another smaller condo complex with less amenities).
On 1 side is the Gulf beach, and the other side is the canal (good for boating or fishing).
- Main pool was suitable for lap swimming.
- 1-BR condo units: #1442 (Dock View) had bigger LR & BR,
vs. #211 (Courtyard View). Not sure if that's standard for condos on the Dock side (a short walk to beach, really no issue at all).
Screened porch is a real good place to relax.
- #211's mattress was too soft for me (not enough lower back support).
However it was not worth switching since just 3 nts stay, and the mattress was fine for my husband.
- Our son thought #211 had a mildew-y smell, might be due to ground floor/more damp loc?
- Wi-fi was fine in condo units, but very slow at the Conference Center.
- Enjoyed kayaking on the canal, esp excited when a dolphin swam by & lingered in 1 area for multiple sightings.
- However 1 real downside is there is no help wrt kayak/canoe launching or docking,
which required unlocking the boats/dragging it down (or back up) to the dock's steps,
and needing to carefully secure/balance boats when getting in & out.
This is not nec easy for novice boaters or for older guests to master.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Moorings Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Moorings Hotel
- Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Moorings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel’s only Botanical Garden with six acres of lush, tropical gardens located between the Gulf of Mexico and the canals of the back bay. 1, 2 & 3 bedroom beachfront fully furnished and equipped condominium suite rentals daily, weekly & monthly. 2 heated swimming pools, 2 tennis courts, wireless internet, boat dockage, canoeing & kayaking, DVD and bicycle rentals and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sanibel Moorings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.