“The Best Place to Rent Bicycles” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 20 Shopping in Sanibel Island
Windsor, CO
8 attraction reviews
“The Best Place to Rent Bicycles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We called another bike place and received such rude service that we called Finnimore's. The woman on the phone was outstanding. We came by at 9 am in the morning and basically were on our bikes in 5 minutes. They were extremely friendly and inexpensive. We will be back.

Visited May 2013

Cary, North Carolina
“the place to rent bicycles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a great place to rent bicycles and about 5.00 cheaper per week than their competition and appear to have the same bikes. Rent for the whole week you're down and have them delivered, all for 8.00 right to your rental. They'll pick up later for free. Six speed bicycles the standard and all you'll need on Sanibel. Wind is a usual problem at the beach with bicycles but not here because of trees shielding you. They come with baskets and bells and will add a lot of enjoyment to your stay. If you're renting right in Sanibel, you won't need delivery and a bicycle is the best way to get around since traffic is so slow-35mph the limit and lots of it. they have lots of bicycle trails to avoid the traffic and drivers are careful to yield to riders and walkers.

TOPSFIELD
9 attraction reviews
“Friendly little bike shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you're looking for a little advice, help and friendly service at reasonable prices, this is your place. Old fashioned service is the byword and repeat customers is the result. Give them a try!

Sanibel Island, Florida
“Totally not what I expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have a house on island, and locked my bike up at The Bean before making sure I had the key. Few hours later, leaving the bean after doing homework, go to unlock my bike… no bueno. No key. Text people I know on island, they either don’t have a key to the house or their off island working, since it's a Monday. Start walking from Bean towards West Gulf at high noon in cheap slippers with a backpack full of textbooks and full size laptop, in dark shirt and shorts. Pass by Finnimore’s. Figure I’ve got a few dollars in my pocket, I can finagle a rental of an hour or so to ride back to my house and get my key.

I walk up to the rental area, one of the employees asks if he can help, I explain what I did, and he says “You can just borrow the maroon one.” This was completely unexpected. Thanked him, hopped on, got to my place a few minutes later, grabbed my key, rode back, dropped off the bike.

Fifteen minutes tops instead of a 45 minute walk in the sun with pack. Didn’t ask for ID or anything, just asked that I bring it back when I was done.

This was a completely unexpected act of island spirit, and I cannot thank the guys at Finnimores enough.

Janesville, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
“Poor Coustemer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

One of our children got a unexpected flat tire and by the time they came to us to replace it we ran out of time for the day. We asked if we could come by a different day and use them but they said no. We were very disappointed.

Visited March 2013