“Delicious selection” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
UK
“Delicious selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

In the courtyard of shops by Jerrys store, this is a little gem serving gorgeous ice creams such as key lime pie, watermelon, rocky road, raspberry cheesecake, caramel pecan...and the list goes on. You don't have to have huge portions either (unless you want to!) we had a single scoop in a cup x4 which cost $7. Sit outside and look at the parrots in the courtyard.

Visited July 2013
PRSanibel, Owner at PocoLoco, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review.
Paul and Susan

77% Recommend
Minnesota
“Go for the ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm an ice cream addict. Part of our travel plans include trying local ice cream. This coffee shop sells Love Boat ice cream and it is wonderful. Love Boat's chocolate peanut butter ice cream is one of my all time favorites. If I had to pick one place on the island to go for an ice cream treat, this place would absolutely be my choice. The coffee shop is clean, cute and also serves sandwiches. The croque monsieur was very tasty. Each time that I have visited the staff have been helpful/friendly. We will be back in Sanibel next week and will be visiting Poco Loco frequently for the ice cream...here's hoping that chocolate peanut butter will be one of the options!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PRSanibel, Owner at PocoLoco, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you very much. We are very happy with the Love Boat relationship. Besides supplying us with a terrific product they are friends and neighbors.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Coffee is so hit or miss when traveling, fortunately this was a hit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm unfortunately a huge coffee snob. I had a college roommate who worked for a coffee roaster (Batdorf and Bronson) and he set me up for a lifetime of disappointment in coffee. Then I worked for a coffee shop for a time, to just put the nail in the coffin. Oh, how I wish I could just be happy with Folger's instead of my lovely small batch roasted boutique coffees.

So it's always with some trepidation that I walk into a random coffee shop, especially in a tourist town. But hooray, it was good! I just got an iced latte with a half shot of vanilla, which is hard to mess up, but people have. But it was a good strong coffee base with no burnt flavor and she listened when I was indicating just how much/little of the syrup I wanted. I'd be willing to go back and try other coffees there. (Iced half vanilla latte is my test drink.)

I see there's several negative reviews about the service. I found the woman I worked with to be professional. She didn't become my BFF or anything, but I'm just ordering some specialty coffee, so why would she? Service was fine for me and not a factor in whether I'd return.

Visited July 2013
PRSanibel, Owner at PocoLoco, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you very much, we so appreciate your favorable review.
“Very, Very good Ice Cream. My favorite on island.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I know you've all heard about Pinocchio's being the best ice cream on the island but I've had both and I can say without a doubt that Poco Loco is way, way better. The choice of flavors is better, the service is friendlier and more efficient, and the location is good too, right in the jerry's mall with plenty of parking.....
i'm gonna give you a list of the flavors that they serve and i can tell you that i've had quite a few of these....my favorites are still "mudslide" and "pistachio"....

Butter Pecan "very good"
Cookies n Cream
Caramel Swirl
Cinnamon Caramel Pecan
Coconut
Coconut Almond Fudge "very good"
Chocolate
Gator Tracks
Rocky Mountain Raspberry
Heath Bar Crunch
Mint Chocolate Chip
Maple Walnut "really good"
Keylime Pie
Strawberry
Vanilla Fudge
Rocky Road
Vanilla Peanut Butter

so, go to pinocchio's if you have to but then come here and taste what i think is really the best ice cream on the island...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PRSanibel, Owner at PocoLoco, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Our ice cream is from our friends at Love Boat, about five miles away, and we think it is the best too.
Paramus, New Jersey
“we reap what we sew”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

As you can tell by the sensitive responses to bad reviews, the staff here does not have the most professional attitude. And it IS true that when you go in, you may be met by a young lady who will treat you like a child. The place is obviously struggling - every single time I have gone in or looked in it is completely empty. Hey. We all reap what we sew. I will be kind and go with 3 stars because the ice cream (no more gelato) is as good as most and it is located in a pretty setting albeit no waterfront; the store itself is cute and there are attractive items to buy if you want to promote the place. But there are so many other places to go for ice cream (like Pinocchios - always busy) or coffee on the island (like Baileys or Sanibel Bean) that it will be a while before I come in again. But I will come in again, hope to give a better review next time!

Visited March 2013