“Not Worth a Visit” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
New York, NY
“Not Worth a Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went based on the good reviews we had read, but this was not our experience. Our appetizer (shrimp bruschetta) bore no relationship to a bruschetta I have ever eaten. Crumbled pieces of stale bread mixed in a soup with frozen shrimp. The veal was tasteless and the only flavor on the plate was that of burned roasted potatoes and singed vegetables. The hostess who greeted us was surly and once we were seated never returned to the table to check on us or the food. She was either staring into space or snacking. The waitress was slow, brought the appetizer to the table before the bread which arrived mid-meal and, despite empty water glasses on the table, asked us if she should refill our glasses. And this place is not inexpensive! There are far better places (many with unwarranted lower ratings) in Sanibel. Try them.

Visited July 2013

Sanibel Island
“Favorite Restaurant in Sanibel!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I couldn’t agree more with everyone who has posted GREAT comments about this restaurant! We found this place back in 2011 and try to get there at least twice every year we come to Sanibel. The food and service are excellent !!!!

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Would not recommend to my worst enemy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I attended Greenhouse Grill with 13 of my family members. We were the only people in the entire restaurant so the staff should have been unburdened and able to show me and my family the utmost care. However, my family was greeted by a sullen and unenthusiastic staff who acted like they had better things to do. Our waitress was slow and quiet to such a point we could not understand what she was saying. The manager glared at our family and the children present with an obvious look of condemnation anytime our voices were raised above a peep. Not unlike what you would expect from an elderly librarian. Keep in mind that with as large as a 14 person bill would be at an expensive restaurant we were leaving a tip of over 100$! Now that i have elaborated on the service, let me move onto the food. Amazingly it was worse than the service! My raviolis were submersed in a sauce which tasted like half and half cream mixed with a abominable amount of Italian seasonings. The raviolis themselves had clearly been pre-frozen. The theme of over seasoned food was present for the entire family who found themselves gagging on extreme amounts of thyme, rosemary, and garlic. The best food we received that night was our bread, and the best service was our drinks being correct. I can find no positives in this establishment and am writing on this website for the first time merely for the purpose of saving the readers of this review a disappointing evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I went yesterday with my beautiful wife. It was a surprise for us, when inside we found that this was a Italian restaurant, the waiter from puerto rico was super nice and super helpful. We order the shrimps as appetizer it was deliciuos then i order the chicken at the cachiatore, super fresh and very flavorfull, my wife love it
Great food and nice quiet atmosfere, i would say romantic, we love mediterranean food.
I am from Portugal and my wife from Spain, so we are use to mediterranean food
You must try it

• Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“Tasty and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very tasty appetizers; the pear salad was very fresh as well as the fish; great pasta-staff was diligent and courteous. It is a great restaurant to enjoy the homey decor, listen to the music and have a glass of wine

• Visited June 2013