“Best Ice Cream Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Fast Food, Ice Cream, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: A Sanibel tradition for 33 years,Pinocchio's is a landmark for islanders and visitors alike. All ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, custard, sorbet and sorbetto is made fresh daily in "Pinocchio's Lab" on premises from the finest & freshest ingredients. Family owned and operated, we serve 37 flavors of our 130+ repertoire daily. Recipient of BEST of the ISLANDS awards each year '04, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, Nat'l Geographics top 10 Best ice creams in Gulf coast America and many more accolades from events, organizations and local food critics. We appreciate our Customers and consider Customer Satisfaction carefully. To our new Customers, Thank You for Coming In and Trying Our Signature Ice Creams. To our returning Customers, Welcome Home. Gustare! The Puma Family
Sanibel Island
“Best Ice Cream Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went here twice already and my husband and I have only been on the island for 4 days so far. It's creamy, it's Italian, it has unique flavors, and it is delicious!!! Huge, maybe even too big portions. I wanted to try 2 flavors, but 2 scoops is more like 4 huge scoops. Definitely worth the money. Sometimes hard to get a seat outside but casual and fun to sit out there with everyone and see what flavors everyone tried. Oh yeah... And served with an animal cookie on top cuz they're cool like that. YUM. Try it. I recommend Dirty Sand Dollar

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“They close at 9 PM Sharp, but still serve way too much ice cream/gelato until almost 10 !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

They close at 9 PM. At about 9:30 though we walked in and got in line. The biggest dish of homemade Gelato (they call it "Italian Ice Cream") evr. I am a Type 2 Diabetic so why am I talking about ice cream ? Answer- Because it's the best damn ice cream (Gelato) outside Florence, Italy that's why. Make sure you have some old clothes on because it;s hot in Sanibel and the stuff could drip on your shorts. My Glucose Meter laughed at me the next morning. But, I thought it was worth it !

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mid Florida, Florida
“Decent Ice Cream but Very Crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

After getting recommendations from locals, we decided to drive across the island to Pinocchio's Ice Cream after dinner. When we walked in, we were incredibly overwhelmed by the tight space and large crowds. My husband got very claustrophobic as we were waiting in the narrow space in line. There was a very short distance between the front door and counter, so we all shuffled in a looping line, but the people ahead of you blocked you from being able to see into the ice-cream coolers, so you couldn't really choose what you wanted until it was your turn at the counter (unless you already knew what they had). There were definitely original ice-cream flavors (I got Gator Stew), with Sanibel or sea terms in the names for some of them, which was cool as a tourist, but by the time I got to the counter, I felt very rushed/pressured by everyone behind me, so made a quick decision and then was hurried along and told to move my whole party to the register so the next people could order. We got our ice-cream and pushed through the crowd to get out the only door in/out, and then had to search for a space to sit on the wooden benches outside the shop. Eating ice-cream outside in the extreme Florida summer heat was not ideal for my group, because we had small kids with us, who just couldn't keep up with the melting ice-cream in the heat, and we wound up with drippy messes. The next night, my husband drove to Dairy Queen by himself and brought ice cream back to our room, which was a much more enjoyable experience for all of us.

Visited July 2014
Pierson, Florida
“We All Scream for Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just what we needed after a day at the beach! Italian ice cream made fresh daily-delicious! Try the Sanibel Crunch- it's amazing. Pets are welcome on the patio.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boerkop, Denmark
“Refreshing ICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the cones of ice i have tasted for a long time. Loads of ICE for low cost. I Can only vote yes for this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere