Yes the beach access is convenient and the sunset and sunrises are available to see but all the hotels in the area offer this with even much better amenities and services.. I give the office staff an above average rating because they were courteous, friendly and somewhat helpful with regular patron questions for directions and towels and such. The cleaning staff were friendly but I heard them arguing with each other a few times which made me feel uncomfortable. The room was clean upon arrival and the sheets and towels were very white. I noticed an outside service comes to take the dirty linens away and bring the clean ones. I am used to having the bedding made daily and dirty towels replaced daily which was not done. Our second day's stay there nothing was done except for some clean towels placed on the kitchen table with a note stating that due to the Thanksgiving holiday they were only going to perform a light cleaning. They never replaced the wet bath mat the whole for days that we were there, they never vacuumed the floors and when we mentioned that the remote control was not working, I think the batteries might have been dead, it took two days to get a new remote control. I feel since I was paying full price for the room on Thanksgiving Day I should be getting the same full service I expected. I didn't get a discount for light cleaning service that day??? The breakfast offered was horrible! The coffee was weak, and the few cereals and hard bagels and pastries were a waste of time. You would be better off going out for breakfast or preparing it yourself in your rooms efficiency kitchen. Some positive points, the pool was nice, the grounds were nice, parking was convenient, use of bikes was convenient, there was a couple of old kayaks on the side by the beach area and we didn't know if they were for patrons of the hotel use or not and what we had to do to use them. Probably had to leave a $1000.00 deposit on your credit card to use them??? One other major inconvenience was that the Fire alarm kept going off at 2:00 am and waking us up. The front desk attendant apologized and said it had to be reset somehow or something but it took two nights of getting woken up with a the loud buzzing alarm and flashing light at two am. Not good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Beach Inn includes forty-six guestrooms and suites nestled on 4.5 acres of tropical Sanibel Island. Our 360 feet of beach along the Gulf of Mexico offers beautiful shells, tranquil sunsets and pristine sand. Relax by the pool with the Gulf of Mexico across the horizon.Each morning prepare for an activity filled day with a complimentary Continental breakfast, with an assortment of fresh fruit and breakfast breads. Play a set of tennis or ride a complimentary bicycle and explore the 23 miles of bike paths throughout Sanibel Island. Play a friendly game of volleyball with the beach just within view. Two shuffleboard courts await a challenging game near the picnic area. The resort offers two gas grills and picnic tables-perfect for a family dinner out under the graceful palms. Whether relaxation or fun filled activities are in your vacation plans, The Sunset Beach Inn provides the perfect beach getaway for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Hotel