“Great value!!!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3287 W. Gulf Dr., Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Sanibel Island
“Great value!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel exceeded our expectations , we got a good deal and were shocked on how clean and nice the staff were , we went during low season so no issues with crowds or getting a good beach spot /chairs . The location is great with long biking roads . The room was huge and has a full kitchen . This is a hotel to relax not to party .

TIP - before you pass the bridge into Sanibel there is a publix , stop there and do all your grocery purchases . The local grocery "Jerry's" have ridiculous prices , the only item worth while is their key lime pie - highly recommended .

4 starts because -
1. They have a HUGE nat infestation ( little mosquitos with a strong bite) they did not have any warnings nor do they provide repellant like other hotels do .

2. They need new bikes . They are free but super uncomfortable and worn out .

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We enjoyed our short weekend at Sunset Beach Inn, the weather was great and we got to play some shuffle board and tennis. Our room was cleaned daily by our friendly maid lady who was very polite. This will be our new vacation spot, what a great time we had.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Good people operate a nice place. Stayed in a room with a full kitchen. Good ocean view. Large pool. Located on the beach.... Only stayed one night but would stay again no problem......Very helpful staff gave directions and recondations to local restraunts and atractions ......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at Sunset Beach Inn for 3 nights and had a great time. The property is located near to the attractions of which my family and I enjoyed tremendously. The room was clean and fresh and I had a view of the ocean from where I was.

The staff was very nice especially the cleaning ladies in the morning. We are definitely looking at returning next year with our friends. Thank you for a great stay and see you soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Property is older and needs a bit of TLC, on the plus side our room which had a king bed was comfortable and nice. The room had a large flat screen tv and the continental breakfast was ok. I enjoyed being able to have an umbrella and lounge chair on the beach. We stayed for 2 nights and it was a pleasant experience. The front desk staff was helpful and polite. Housekeeping did their job but they weren't overly friendly. One highlight was that they had free bikes for the guest to use.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DUNNELLON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My sister and I stayed from 9/25 to 9/29. EVERYONE we came into contact with was most pleasant...from the hotel desk staff (we encountered several) and the housekeeping, grounds staff. They all had smiles and kind words at all times. The rooms were very clean. Our room had some damage on the ceiling from where that popcorn ceiling coating was peeling off in about 3 little spots...the blow dryer in our room was dead, but was replaced within minutes. The beds were so very comfortable. The beach very nice. The pool was gorgeous, but needed some skimming (debris from storms earlier)...I do have to say that if you are planning a trip there and NEED Wifi...ie for work, this may not be the place for you. The Wifi was sketchy at best and I could not stay connected to it for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. Again, with the i phone data plan, I didn't need to fret much, but since they advertise free wifi, it was disappointing that it didn't work...glad I didn't have to depend on it. The continental breakfast was what a continental breakfast is...cereal, donuts, muffins, bagels...they did have apples...maybe not your typical breakfast fruit, but it was a nice snack at lunch. We cannot wait to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This trip was bad from the start of checking in.I booked a room with two beds as I was traveling with my daughter. When I got there there were no rooms with 2 beds available. Since it was prepaid I asked him what he was going to do and he said he would give us two separate rooms. After agreeing to this we decided to go to dinner and when we returned we walked out to the beach which was very nice. While bringing our luggage to our separate rooms my daughter noticed a big bug lying on the floor with its feet still moving in one of the rooms. Decided we would have to share the bed in the other room since we were both sooo tired from diving for the last 12 hours. My daughter went to use the bathroom and the toilet wouldn't flush. We tried fixing it ourselves for about 10 ten minutes but to no avail. I got dressed again and we walked down to the desk and told him about the bug in the one room and the toilet in the other and all he had to say was that there was no one there to fix it. So now we were down to 0 rooms. I asked again what he was going to do about it and he said he had no more rooms but would call another one of the motels in his chain. After 2 calls they said they had one room left and the price was $159.00. Well I booked my room for $109.00 and a asked him if he was going to give me that room for the same price and he said no!! So we went back to the room and while calling the Holiday Inn to book a room (at 10:00 pm.)the toilet started working. It needed about 20 minutes to fill up I guess. I usually only write about good experiences on trips but this was definitely not one of them. Very disappointed on such a pretty island.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sunset Beach Inn? Share your experiences!