If you are looking for a "resort" experience then the Sunset Beach Inn is not for you. The hotel is quite dated and the service not the best. The maid service was quite loud, the maids as they are cleaning during the day spend a lot of time talking VERY loudly to each other about their personal lives! Also, our room was not very clean, I dropped something on the floor and when I retrieved it from under the bed I could not believe the dirt and fuzzy things under there, I did not want to call for cleaning as I was concerned that it would be in the air...also the bathroom floor had some gunk on it. There was a "office chair" (with rollers!) in the middle of our room that had no purpose at all, and the other upholstered chair was stained and ripped! Not what I expect for $180 per night. Our TV went out and the maintenance guy finally got it working again.
What they refer to as their "breakfast" items were old fruit, bad coffee and stale bagels, yum.
The paint was peeling off in several areas of the building and trash was heaped below our window which was supposed to look out over the Gulf....the crows found that area to be delectable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Beach Inn includes forty-six guestrooms and suites nestled on 4.5 acres of tropical Sanibel Island. Our 360 feet of beach along the Gulf of Mexico offers beautiful shells, tranquil sunsets and pristine sand. Relax by the pool with the Gulf of Mexico across the horizon.Each morning prepare for an activity filled day with a complimentary Continental breakfast, with an assortment of fresh fruit and breakfast breads. Play a set of tennis or ride a complimentary bicycle and explore the 23 miles of bike paths throughout Sanibel Island. Play a friendly game of volleyball with the beach just within view. Two shuffleboard courts await a challenging game near the picnic area. The resort offers two gas grills and picnic tables-perfect for a family dinner out under the graceful palms. Whether relaxation or fun filled activities are in your vacation plans, The Sunset Beach Inn provides the perfect beach getaway for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Sunset Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Hotel