My daughter and i stayed at this hotel and was better than expected. The room had a small kitchen. (inlcuded a stove, oven, sink, coffee pot, toaster, Fridge with freezer). There was also a DVD player in the room which was convenient when we wanted to relax a night. (Theres a redbox in Jerrys Supermarket on Periwinkle Way)We also had a balcony overlooking the courtyard which was nice. We really didnt spend any time there. The hotel was heated which was nice to take a swim after we did some shelling. The hotel has beach access which was really convenient to go shelling. If you go really early in the morning you may spot some dolphins we were lucky enough to find them. Beware of the no-see-ums we got bitten early in the morning while shelling. If you do get bitten you can go to Island Pharmacy (i believe thats the name near a CVS in Sanibel) to get an ointment to STOP the itching. The person at the front desk was very helpful to provide the name of this pharmacy. Benadryl didnt work :( so go get this special ointment. The hotel also has a shell washing station which is great to clean all the shells before you take them home. They had bikes you can use however, we didnt use them. They have a continental breakfast which was ok. Great hotel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Beach Inn includes forty-six guestrooms and suites nestled on 4.5 acres of tropical Sanibel Island. Our 360 feet of beach along the Gulf of Mexico offers beautiful shells, tranquil sunsets and pristine sand. Relax by the pool with the Gulf of Mexico across the horizon.Each morning prepare for an activity filled day with a complimentary Continental breakfast, with an assortment of fresh fruit and breakfast breads. Play a set of tennis or ride a complimentary bicycle and explore the 23 miles of bike paths throughout Sanibel Island. Play a friendly game of volleyball with the beach just within view. Two shuffleboard courts await a challenging game near the picnic area. The resort offers two gas grills and picnic tables-perfect for a family dinner out under the graceful palms. Whether relaxation or fun filled activities are in your vacation plans, The Sunset Beach Inn provides the perfect beach getaway for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Hotel