We were at Seaside Inn Oct. 1-6. The place was very peaceful and relaxing, with a mostly adult vibe while we were there. There is an outdoor pool with somewhat dated furniture, but the beach chairs and umbrellas at the basically private beach were great, as were the swimming and shelling. At low tide, there's a sand bar where numerous birds flock to eat or just "hang out." We stayed on the second floor of the "poolside" rooms, but we had a partial view of the gulf from the balcony. The balconies are part of a common walkway from one end of the building to the other, which included small tables and chairs for people to sit, read or otherwise while away the time. The location on East Gulf Drive gives easy access to the marina, lighthouse and eateries at the east end, but was also close to Periwinkle shopping which is centrally located. The price of the room included a breakfast basket with lender's bagels, pastries, juice, fruit cups, and coffee packets for the in-room coffee maker. There was also a small fridge and microwave in a narrow space near the entryway. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room also included a cutting board, utensils, plates and cups as well as paper towels and dishwashing liquid. I would have given the place five stars but the inn didn't provide bar soap in the bathroom (however, there was bath gel, shampoo and conditioner) and once they didn't have enough breakfast baskets (but they did provide a voucher for breakfast at their sister inn Sanibel Inn). The bath towels were high quality. All in all, a very good value, especially in the off season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seaside Inn invites you to rediscover the charm of a quaint beachfront inn on beautiful Sanibel Island where life’s pace is slower. Unwind by the pool or enjoy a day at the beach looking for shells or soaking up the sun. Seaside Inn offers personalized service along with 32 newly renovated guestrooms, suites and cottages with interiors inspired by the sun bleached sand beyond the dune. Each guestroom and suite is furnished with a comfortable king or queen beds with views of the pool or beach. The cottages offer a separate living area with a new sleeper sofa, full kitchen and one bedroom with a king bed. Each cottage has a deck just off the living area to enjoy the Florida sun with family while overlooking the pool. Each day a complimentary continental breakfast basket is delivered to the rooms for the next morning’s enjoyment. While on Sanibel enjoy the wide variety of outdoor adventures. Spend time exploring the 23 miles of paved nature trails that wind through the wetlands with one of the bikes provided by Seaside Inn. Visit the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge to view a wide variety of migratory birds and explore an unspoiled mangrove ecosystem. For more active play, Sanibel Island offers 18 holes of golf on 75 acres of natural lake view fairways and Audubon Cooperative Society wetlands at the Dunes Golf & Tennis Club. For play and relaxation, let Seaside Inn welcome you to the pace of island living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seaside Inn Sanibel Island
- Seaside Sanibel Island