Easy to find. Easy check-in. Seriously, the front desk person couldn't have been more helpful. Signage outside for the front desk sucks - go up the ramp and you're there but all the signs point you to a bar in the back at the pool.
The rooms are very nice, but show some maintenance issues. Little bits of grunge in the corners of the bathrooms and screened porch. The porch needs to be power washed more often. The sheets had some stains, but on the edges, not in the middle, so no big deal.
Really like the tile work in the bathrooms and floors. However there is a downside - the floors above you are also tile. If you get kids running around or people who are loud talkers or heavy walkers, well, it makes for a very noisy night for you. Carpeting would help absorb that some, or some good soundproofing.
WiFi is free and doesn't require a password. However, it's spotty at best. I couldn't stream Netflix or Amazon either night I was there. During the day it was a little better, but at night, forget about it.
Easy access to the beach. Good pool. Adequate parking. Housekeeping was lackluster and probably understaffed. Full kitchen with dishwasher!!
Bike rentals and kayak rentals are included with your room charge, which is really nice. It's easier to get around on a bike than in a car for the most part. It was foggy so we couldn't do the kayaks, but still a neat amenity. The fitness room is good but not spectacular. Of course, I never saw another person in it.
Overall, a typical beach resort, but for Sanibel prices I expect better WiFi and soundproofing. However, the staff does a good job and the amenities being all inclusive counts for an extra star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most luxurious resort has just completed a multi-million dollar renovation. Voted "BEST FULL SERVICE RESORT three years in a row", Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand beach between your toes, take a refreshing swim in our blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's five pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, tennis courts, kayaks, paddle boarding, bike tours, golf and an array of fun family activities by the pool. One,two and three bedroom residences feature options for views, amenities and conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. The variety of dining venues are sure to please, offering indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selection. Sea Breeze Cafe offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair over looking the Gulf of Mexico. You will also enjoy the new poolside eatery, Turtle's Pool & Beach Bar, serving up delicious signature drinks and dishes. Slice of Paradice provides the perfect poolside venue for tasty treats such as pizza, ice-cream, hotdogs and salads with spectacular Gulf views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Low Cost Holidays and Otel so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island