Stayed five nights at this 2 br, 2 ba oceanfront condo and enjoyed it immensely! This condo is in building 'O', which has it's own pool. The main pool looked terribly crowded so we never ventured over there except to get bikes and eat lunch once. Sundial is undergoing a large renovation that involves the main clubhouse and reception area so we avoided that. Sundial employees were helpful and attentive. I feel like the check-in information could be more expansive and detailed so you have complete understanding of the armbands and amenities. We had to call and ask several questions that could've been answered with a good guest brochure.
We rented this condo through Sundial and not the owner so the resort fee was included, whcih means bike rental is free and you can use the pools and any other amenties by showing your armband.
We used the bikes one day and had a blast riding around the island. Go early though as the bikes get taken by about 10am. The bikes are older and not particularly comfortable but they gfet the job done. If you want a more comfortable ride, rent from Billy's BIkes.
We had lunch at the poolside grill one day and it was good but expensive, as are all resort-type eateries.
We used the pool at building O several times and enjoyed it. It was not too crowded and was clean. The beach is right besdie the pool so we went there more often. It is a nice strectch of beach and not too crowded. The beach in front of the main building was quite crowded so we avoided that. But, there are no umbrellas or chairs available near building O so you have to go to teh main beach to use those, unless you bring your own. Also, another inconvenience is that, with the resort fee, you get beach towels to use. BUT, you have to get those from the main pool area and not at the other pools. Pre-plan to do this and just keep those towels throughout your stay and wash them as needed.
Now, for the condo, O406. It is on the 4th floor (the highest) in building O and is a corner unit. Corner means you ahve a wonderful view and two balconies that connect. One overlooks the pool (good for checking to see if the pool is crowded) and one is oceanfront. Both are screened in and have chairs and a table. There are two sets of sliding doors and a set that leads onto the side balcony from one of the bedrooms. We left those doors open a lot to hear the ocean and benefit from the breeze. We didn't need the AC on.
One bedrm has two queen beds and the other has two twins. I think the sofa is a pullout sofa as well.
There's a full kitchen equipped with everything including paper towels and dishwasher detergent. There is daily maid service.
The living room is large and airy and open and perfect for a beach residence. Three tv's, a DVD player and a dining table/room add to the comfort. There's also a stacked washer/dryer.
The unit is older and coul use some updating but it was perfect for our family. We enjoyed it so much and cannot wait to go back!
There is an elevator but it is on the other end of the building. The stairs are right outside the door but you'll probably want to use the elevator for luggage.
There is a reserved parking spot right below the condo, which is very helpful.
All in all, we loved this rental and hope to go back very soon!
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most complete resort, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand beach between your toes, take a refreshing swim in our blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's five pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, tennis courts, kayaks, bikes and an array of fun family activities by the pool. One- and two-bedroom Residences feature options for views and amenities and conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. The variety of dining venues are sure to please, offering indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selection. Sea Breeze Café offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair. You’ll also enjoy the new poolside eatery, Turtle's Beach & Pool Bar, serving up delicious signature drinks and dishes. Waterview provides the perfect private dining and event space, with ample space and spectacular Gulf views out of the floor-to-ceiling windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.