We stayed at the Sundial Resort for a few days over the holidays and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was a large two bedroom suite, with a king bed in one room and two queens in the other. The suite had been renovated, so was clean and updated. The kitchen and dining area was a nice size for the five of us. There were three TVs and plenty of dresser and cupboard space. The balcony was a nice size.
The bedding was brand new and the beds were very comfortable. We had plenty of new towels and toiletries in our room and when we called for more towels, someone delivered in minutes.
Because each section of the resort has its own pool, they were never over-populated. Our pool and pool area/washrooms were brand new. The water in all the pools was warm and clean.
The grounds were nice and clean and right on the beach, which was beautiful. There was tons of parking. And the bikes we used to ride around the island were working perfectly.
We had a great experience at this resort. But it is under construction, so we may have been lucky that we got an already updated suite. The only negative was that the bar and restaurant service was slow. But I can imagine when they are finished this renovation, it will be perfect. I can't wait to return when everything is finished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most complete resort. Voted "BEST FULL SERVICE RESORT two years in a row", Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand beach between your toes, take a refreshing swim in our blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's five pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, tennis courts, kayaks, paddle boarding, bike tours, golf and an array of fun family activities by the pool. One,two and three bedroom residences feature options for views, amenities and conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. The variety of dining venues are sure to please, offering indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selection. Sea Breeze Cafe offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair over looking the Gulf of Mexico. You will also enjoy the new poolside eatery, Turtle's Pool & Beach Bar, serving up delicious signature drinks and dishes. Slice of Paradice provides the perfect poolside venue for tasty treats such as pizza, ice-cream, hotdogs and salads with spectacular Gulf views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island