We had a Gulf View room, and while only a partial view from Building B (Building A was undergoing renovations), the room was very nice and clean. I cannot give half stars, but I would go with 3.5 stars, versus 4. The staff was pleasant. The bikes offered at the reesort could use a service (flat tires, brakes that don't work, etc.) Our sheets and beach towels were all very clean, but all showed signs of wear and could stand to be replaced.
We went October 3-10th, which is apparently off-season in Sanibel, which made for amazing quiet days on the beaches, it also means that this is when the resort does all the renovations to prepare for high season. Each morning we smelled epoxy, paint, and heard compressors and generators as the workers ran their tools and painted Building A. I complained to the hotel about the noise, but by this point we were totally unpacked and settled in, and it was already Friday, so we decided not to move (so I can't really complain, because the resort manager, Louis, who was very nice, offered to move us, we just chose not to.) This is just a head's up to other off-season guests that you may want to be prepared for things to be under construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most complete resort. Voted "BEST FULL SERVICE RESORT two years in a row", Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand beach between your toes, take a refreshing swim in our blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's five pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, tennis courts, kayaks, paddle boarding, bike tours, golf and an array of fun family activities by the pool. One,two and three bedroom residences feature options for views, amenities and conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. The variety of dining venues are sure to please, offering indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selection. Sea Breeze Cafe offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair over looking the Gulf of Mexico. You will also enjoy the new poolside eatery, Turtle's Pool & Beach Bar, serving up delicious signature drinks and dishes. Slice of Paradice provides the perfect poolside venue for tasty treats such as pizza, ice-cream, hotdogs and salads with spectacular Gulf views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, TravelClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island