“Trip of a Lifetime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Driftwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Driftwood Inn
You added Driftwood Inn to your Saves list
711 Donax St., Sanibel Island, FL   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Sanibel Island B&B and Inns
Monmouth, Maine
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had stayed at Driftwood 15 years ago with my small children. We loved it there and did not think we would ever get the chance to go back again since we live way up in Maine. For my 50th birthday my children arranged a trip to Sanibel for 4 nights. We rented a one two bedroom since my elderly mother would be joining the five of us. When we arrived Jane had put a air mattress with pump out. Unfortunately, the pump would not work. Jane was called to the complex and tried to fix the pump which was not able to be fixed. She didn't hesitate and told my two adult children they could stay in the other two bedroom across the way and that she would not charge for it. That was unbelievable that she would even consider be so kind to people she barely knew. Thanks to her, we had a wonderful trip that will never be forgot. I will always remember her kindness and will recommend her place to as many people as I can. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! Thanks so much Jane. We are planning our return trip for next year and it has only been a few days since we left that paradise.

Room Tip: Very busy area, lots of bike riders and segway tours, right in the middle of the action, but very qu...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tybee Island, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed 4 nights here...wish I could have stayed longer but off to the Everglades.
Nice duplex cottages...and even tho all were full (4) I never heard anyone else.
Very dog friendly, tile floors and large screened porches. Comfortable.
Only caveat...Donax is a VERY busy cut thru road so if traffic noise is an issue ask for a back cottage.
Location is a few blocks from most restaurants (except Doc Fords!) and 2 blocks walk from the main beach.
If I return to Sanibel will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
orlando, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This was our second time at Driftwood Inn but this time we decided to stay a little longer. We love it here and want to make it a yearly trip! We love that we can bring the dogs here and go to the beach with our dogs. This little inn is close to everything which makes it super convenient to get around. Thank you again for a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

The Driftwood Inn sufficed to host us as we came in late on a Friday night spent the weekend and left on Sunday afternoon. Arriving at the Inn Friday night (9:00 PM) was not a problem. Jane left the unit open and the keys in the kitchen. I had a great night’s sleep in one of the two bedrooms. The place is charming, with local sea charts, TV (cable) & DVD player, wicker furniture & table, a couch that have a removable, washable cover (we have the same "Cindy Crawford" couch) and a private screened porch w/ some 'borrowable' essentials (fins, masks, floats, fishing poles, etc) for the beach goers. There are two bedrooms and two baths. This place is comfortable for a week’s stay away. For breakfast, head to the beach, there is a restaurant in the hotel at the end of the road. When walking to the beach, turn left at the hotel. It’s shorter and there is public access raised walkway to the beach. There is no parking here, for parking, turn right at the hotel for the other public beach access. I brought my small boat and in the morning launched at the nearby public access near the causeway. At 7:00AM, with some live bait from “the Bait Box” (http://www.sanibelcaptivadaily.com/2011/05/16/the-bait-box-sanibel-island-for-all-your-fishing-gear/) I was out catching Spotted Sea Trout in no time. I fished near the Ding Darling State park (http://www.fws.gov/dingdarling/), it’s a big nature preserve and I think this increases the fishing potential. Anyway, I was quickly satisfied with my catches and went back to shore early at 10:30 AM. I went back out Sunday morning, with the same results. Saturday night, I fished off the beaches at the lighthouse and off the nearby pier. Sunday, mid-morning, we visited w/ the in-laws. Checked out at 3:00 PM for haul back across the Everglades.

Room Tip: Stayed in (unit) #1 room in Sanibel Island. (No pool or room service) There is a large manicured law...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed with our dog for one week, and it was exactly what we wanted. Whenever you read "walking distance to the beach", you always wonder: how far? It took us maybe 7 minutes to stroll down this quiet residential street to the beach access. The bike bath was right outside our door, and we hopped on our bikes and rode everywhere...exactly 1.1 miles to Jerry's grocery store!
The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils and pans---I always bring extra kitchen equipment since we eat most of our meals in, and I didn't have to use any of it. A large washer dryer was available on the premises for the low fee of $1 per wash/dry per load. There was central air and best of all, ceiling fans which helped circulate the air. Nice large sunroom, tropical foliage all around...no sign of any ants or cockroaches which had been mentioned in all of the reviews. We would and will stay there again! Thanks Jane, for an enjoyable, carefree stay!

• Stayed June 2011
ft. lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Our experience at the driftwood inn was extremely pleasant. Jane was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I remember the first time that I called her I actually asked her about some of the reviews that were posted here and she calmly reassured me that her inn was top notch and that we would love our stay. Well, she was right the driftwood inn is a very clean, spacious inn. The driftwood proved to be a very simple quiet stay which fit the sanibel lifestyle perfectly. Especially after driving around the island the driftwood seemed to be the best value by far. I have and would recommend the driftwood inn to anyone who is looking a relaxing getaway at a great value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
USA Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed several nights in February with small dog and 7 year-old grandson..Inn consists of commodious cottages with two bedrooms, two baths, full eat-in kitchen...all comforts and conveniences of home. Immaculate, quiet, private, convenient to all Sanibel attractions and necessities (restaurants, market, Ding Darling, bike paths).... Easy walk to excellent beach. Owners attentive and clearly sincerely care that clients have a positive experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Driftwood Inn? Share your experiences!