“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3401 S. Orlando Drive, (US17-92), Sanford, FL 32773-5607 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sanford / Lake Mary Area)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
State College, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Last year this hotel was completing construction after transition from the previous chain and some recent reviews have been a bit off but we had a pleasant stay this year and no real complaints. Granted it will never be a fine hotel and it is still a little rough around the edges but we were happy with the accommodations. We had a handicap accessible room and a single room. The beds were comfortable, the water was hot, the AC worked ok, the staff worked hard. It wasn't perfect but, it was fine and the location is great for an early morning flight out of Sanford airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Don H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are continually trying to improve to make everyone's stay a great one instead of a fine one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
birmingham alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in early summer and received an amazing rate, and was greeted by great staff... Probably my favorite thing about this hotel was the awesome Kids table in the breakfast area! it was so neat, I've never seen another hotel like that! The staff was friendly, room was clean, and their was an Ihop across the street, and a whole in the wall diner next door and both were convenenient and good! I highly recommend this hotel for it's staff, service, cleanliness, price, and MODERN DESIGN ELEMENTS! PS I added a few photos from my stay...

Room Tip: Ask for one of the Jacuzzi suites, it helps melt away the stress!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nikesh S, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, we hope to see you back again soon!
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel was beautiful, room was very comfortable from the bed to the Club chair and ottoman. Staff was extremely accommodating from getting me into my room and coffee at any time to scheduling my shuttle service to the airport. Would definitely stay here again:)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Johnson City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Good hotel would return. Pool in front next to highway and for kids OK but adults, not private. My room door would not lock. Very modern colorful decor in room and very relaxing, welcoming appealing. Quiet. Air works well. Smells clean but somewhat toxic downstairs like Fantastic spray cleaner. Room does not smell like that. Beds great. Breakfast good and eating area clean. Internet good. Not crowded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! I apologize for the cleaning products smell, we will look into this.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is close to the airport so we stayed here because we had a late arriving flight. It was easy to find from the airport. The other pro is that the free breakfast was of good quality with many offerings. On the downside, my husband and I did not get a good night sleep because the AC unit and refrigerator were loud and the mattress felt lumpy. I thought the room smelled musty also. We've been impressed with Best Western Plus locations in the past and this one does not live up to that quality in our opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry for the loud A/C we have taken care of this issue and hope to see back again!
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I will start with we were a group off six that had two reservation/two rooms that were placed on line through our company which they had pay for previously thru Best Western web site.
Checked In with one of the Most! Rudest Condescending Disrespectful person I have Ever met. I believe her name was Yardia.When I walked in the young lady was on her cell phone and gave me a look like I was disturbing what she was doing. No hello nothing but Last Name. Happily I provided her that information she requested, she then informed me that the reservation was not paid for and I had to give her my credit card and pay for both rooms. I kindly explained the situation to her and even called our boss; she felt the need to belittle me as if I was a child on her companies policies. Keep in mind I have 5 other people waiting on me and we just drove over 12 from Tennessee. I gave my cell phone to her to speak to my boss, but that didn't help me as she was just as unpleasant with her as well. To avoid any future altercations I gave her my credit. Another lady came out from the back and must have heard the conversation because she looked at her coworker with a face of disgust, She then quickly greeted me and said if I needed anything don't hesitate to call. It was like night and day.
I needed an extra bed as there was not enough room. I dreaded having to call down stairs. We stay in 315-317 which had 2 full beds but needed an additional cot. Called down and surprisingly got a very sweet person that answered the phone and said she would bring it up in 10 minutes. The Lady Eileen was at my door with in 5 minutes with pillows extra blankets and the cot, and apologized for whole check in process with Yardia. She said she was going to waive the fee for the cot for the inconvenience I received. Not sure if she was a manger but she should be. She truly understood the concept of customer service. I am not sure if I or my company will ever stay there again. At check out the next day I saw a gentleman that was also very aware of how to treat people Angel. It's a shame that one person can really ruin a business like that, especially with all that heavy airport traffic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I am so sorry for your experience with our employee, i do apologize for this! We have taken actions to make sure something like this will not happen again!
LYNDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have to go to this area of Florida to attend classes at AAA National. While this hotel is a good value for the area, this stay was a bad one for me. I didn't feel this property lived up to the higher standard that a Best Western Plus property is known for. I was told there are some planned changes to the rooms, but I guess I'll just have to wait for the next time ...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback, we have just updated the mattress and rooms, hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel? Share your experiences!