“Genuine Five Star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast

Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanford
Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
420 Oak Ave, Sanford, FL 32771   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Sanford B&B and Inns
Titusville, New Jersey
“Genuine Five Star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

On every level Higgins house gets five stars from me. I am an artist who travels a lot and this was a nice surprise during a time of stress. Due to a last minute issue with my prearranged artist residence housing, I had to find a place to stay local for one night. Lou answered the phone and was the kind reassuring voice I needed on the other end. He was very helpful and was genuinely concerned that I find the last minute lodging that I needed. Upon arrival, Lou again was my greeter. He showed me the way to my room (cedar) and I instantly forgot the problems of the day. I soaked in the claw foot tub and was pleasantly surprised to have plenty of hot water! The room is spacious and appointed perfectly. It felt like a small apartment to me because of the great layout. I ended up sleeping so comfortably that I don't think I ever moved once, I got into that super comfortable bed.
In fact, I had to be up so early that I only got 5-6 hours sleep but felt completely rested. In the morning I was able to meet Sharon who was also very kind and genuinely happy to greet and help me start the day off right! Lou made me a wonderful breakfast based on my preferences and Sharon made sure I was topped off with all the extras. These two lovely inn keepers have found the formula for perfection in inn keeping. I would return in a heartbeat~

Room Tip: The Cedar room is at the end of the hallway which makes it feel like its own space and is very quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We are from NYC and I Fell in love with this inn. I booked a yr in advance with no problem no deposit. The lovely couple whom run the in and LIVE THERE are awesome ( Lou & Sharon).
If you want a quiet , quaint, private honeymoon this place is wonderful. Breakfast is included home made with lots of love by Lou. we stood to Nights and days. No TV in room , but if need be the tv in room in a Separate room upstairs. The Furniture is authentic and Victorian. Clean , well kept and feels like home.

Mr. & Mrs. Michael Colon Doroc

Room Tip: quiet and quaint not modern at all ..:)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tierra Verde, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Sharon & Lou are just outstanding "regular" folks who take you into their house like you're part of their family. Norma and I were extremely relaxed in their B & B because of their generous hospitality and friendliness, which we very much appreciate. Everything that B & B should be, the Higgins House is !!! It is charming, comfortable and clean.
We can't wait until we visit them again in beautiful Sanford, Florida.

Room Tip: The rooms are quaint, large enough and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travelled to the Daytona area for business and selected the Higgins House because I prefer locally-owned B & Bs over large, chain hotels. I am a seasoned traveller and can honestly say this is the best B & B I have ever visited. The inn was delighful! Even though it is a historic house, I found it to be impeccably maintained. The inn keepers were incredibly friendly, warm, and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The evening cocktail hour was wonderfully conversational and breakfast was delicious. I will be returning to the area for business and look forward to reserving another room at the Higgins House! -- Brooke Butler, Ph.D.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I were extremely pleased with our stay at

Higgins House. The room was large and comfortable, the innkeepers
Lou and Sharon are warm, helpful and friendly. The are true B & B people. They do it for the love of the art. The breakfast was delicious and abundant. The hosts informative and plugged into the city. It is evident that they really enjoy what they do.

Sanford is a great town with fun things to do. We highly recommend it,.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Sanford's been in the news lately, all the time. We had booked a room in Higgins House late in Feb for Mar. 31, so at that time it was just a lovely central Florida town. Believe me, it still is. All the hype is just that -- hype. The Higgins House faces a park several blocks from the center of town. It was built in the late 1800s, and is the first "historic" B&B that we've been to that doesn't smell the least bit musty. It's a lovely comfortable house and lovely comfortable owners -- in residence, I might add. Lou and Sharon went out of their way to make us feel pampered. Lou made us tasty appetizers to accompany our late afternoon wine. He's quite a cook, experimenting to make unusual, delicious foods. (Try the cornbread -- it's to die for!)
Our bed was very comfortable. A claw-foot tub made it a little difficult for my bad knees, but that's part of historic homes. We stayed there in order to take the autotrain the next day. We went to the station in the morning, got our seat and dinner assignments, then returned to the B&B for several hours. "No problem," said Lou, "stay as long as you'd like." What a nice way to end our 3-month Florida stay.

Room Tip: There's one room on the first floor that we stayed in. Two on the second floor, with a TV in the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was greeted by owners upon arrival. My dog Baylee and I were welcomed and shown to our room. We were oriented to the backyard area for Baylee as well. I had a dog training clinic I was traveling for, and so happy to find a nice, comfortable accommodation for me and my dog.
Thank you Higgins House!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!