“It was incredible!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun 2 Dive / Capt Joe is a Professional Eco-tour guide service that has been guiding customers for the past 31 years. We also offers Scuba / Snorkeling tours and training through out Florida. For the certified scuba divers we dive wrecks, reefs, caverns and springs. For a true Florida Eco-Adventure and my favorite, our manatee snorkeling trip which is offered only as a full day tour, with a very small group up to 6 people. This is great for the whole family 3 years an up, is all-inclusive and the best thing is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Only Capt Joe runs this tour, and is a certified in-water guide and Instructor from several accredited agencies. Since we run this as a Eco-Tour Capt Joe is also a Florida Naturalist from the University of Florida / IFAS To a full scuba certification, and many specialty classes from top rated Instructors. Our shop / office is centrally located in Sanford Florida. To meet at the shop reservations are required, since we're the guides and do not hire outside help. The Sanford locates is where we conduct all scuba diver training, snorkeling and swimming lessons. Our trips, range from the Orlando area, Crystal River, and West Palm Beach. Depending on which tour you decide to take. We can meet you at the shop or at the boat, which is ever easier for you. Most of our trips are with in 1.5 hours of Orlando. Thanks for looking! Capt Joe
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Missoula, MT
“It was incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Living far from Florida, this was absolutely an adventure of a life time for us. Captain Joe was an excellent guide and his many years of experience was evident. As a captain, as a sensitive educator and advocate for the manatees and their environment, he ranks among the best. He was also a fun person for our small group to spend time with. We are grateful to Captain Joe for an incredible experience!

Boston, Massachusetts
“The Most Memorable Day of our Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Doing this Manatee tour in January turned out to be one of the best decisions of our trip. Capt. Joe took my girlfriend and I with one other couple during what had to be one of the coldest days of January. Fortunately for us, this turns out to be peak season for the manatees around the area. When we all boarded the boat for our 930am tour, we were given wetsuits and boots with our appropriate sizes (these definitely helped keep us warmer in the water for a bit). After arriving at the springs, we were amazed at the amount of manatees that were there (literally too many to count). The best part of the tour was the fact that we could stay as long as we wanted. So when the other boats left about an hour into our day, we were the only four swimmers in the water enjoying the company of dozens of manatees. We saw a baby nursing their mother, while several other extremely playful manatees swam about and turned over on their backs when their belly was rubbed. Overall, it was an amazing experience that I'll never forget, and it certainly presents a lot of photographic opportunities. So, definitely bring an underwater camera to capture the extraordinary sights. As for our captain, Joe was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the manatees and their regulations. He was happy to answer any questions that arose, and helped instruct us on the proper ways to act around this endangered species.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Myself, my husband and 2 teenage children had a wonderful day on Crystal River. Capt Joe made sure we were fully aware of how to behave in the water to conform with the guidelines for manatee conservation - he obviously cares deeply about their welfare. When we got into the river there were more than 80 manatees - one baby was very playful and seemed to be following my son. The whole day was very relaxed - we felt no pressure to rush our experience. We had very welcome hot chocolate and pop tarts to warm us up when we got back in the boat. A real experience of a lifetime and I'm glad we chose Fun 2 Dive to provide it for us.

Visited December 2010
Orlando, Florida
“Fun 2 Dive Manatee Tour-THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I went today, January 9th to swim with the manatees at Crystal River. Captain Joe was our captain. It was so cold out, but I did research prior and found that this was the best time. I was very excited, even though when we changed in to bathing suits I was a popsicle. We had a meeting with Cap Joe and got on the boat. He said maybe we would see 7 manatees. I was excited because that was good enough for me, but then when we got to the spot, there were about 100 of them. We had wet suits so once in the water, it wasn't that bad. And they were everywhere. As time went on, the water was clearer and the manatees were everywhere. When we got there, there was another big group that was being loud, but then when they left, it was just our group, which was four people. If there is one reason to take this tour with Fun 2 Dive, it's because of the small groups it has. We had the manatees to ourselves for a solid hour or so. They came up to us, rolled over, wanted thier belly rubbed. A baby took my leg and held on to it for about 3 minutes, and it was beyond cool. They are such beautiful creatures and this definitely gave me more love and respect for them. I HIGHLY recommend this tour with this company. And watching the Manatees Manner video really helps because they are really strict about the rules, so you better know them!

Boone, Iowa
“We had the Manatees all to ourselves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I highly recommend Captain Joe and Fun2Dive Manatee tours. He limits the size of his groups to 6 and sets no time limit which means that you get a good manatee to human ratio and plenty of time for enjoying these wonderful creatures. As the other tour groups were coming and going we got to stay and had the place all to ourselves. At one point I was the only one in the water with a hundred manatees. He is knowledgeable, but never preaches, and is very conscientious of the state and federal guidelines for proper human-manatee interaction. There is nothing fancy about him or his operation but he takes good care of his passengers and will do all he can to make sure that you have a good tour. My non-swimming husband who doesn't usually like the water looked over at me as a manatee was nibbling on his foot and said that this trip was a great choice and he would do it again. My children were amazed and haven't stopped talking about it. I recommend Captain Joe to discerning travelers who want the best manatee experience they can get.