“Awesome Manatee Tour with Captain Joe - Fun 2 Dive” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Activities in Sanford
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun 2 Dive / Capt Joe is a Professional Eco-tour guide service that has been guiding customers for the past 31 years. We also offers Scuba / Snorkeling tours and training through out Florida. For the certified scuba divers we dive wrecks, reefs, caverns and springs. For a true Florida Eco-Adventure and my favorite, our manatee snorkeling trip which is offered only as a full day tour, with a very small group up to 6 people. This is great for the whole family 3 years an up, is all-inclusive and the best thing is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Only Capt Joe runs this tour, and is a certified in-water guide and Instructor from several accredited agencies. Since we run this as a Eco-Tour Capt Joe is also a Florida Naturalist from the University of Florida / IFAS To a full scuba certification, and many specialty classes from top rated Instructors. Our shop / office is centrally located in Sanford Florida. To meet at the shop reservations are required, since we're the guides and do not hire outside help. The Sanford locates is where we conduct all scuba diver training, snorkeling and swimming lessons. Our trips, range from the Orlando area, Crystal River, and West Palm Beach. Depending on which tour you decide to take. We can meet you at the shop or at the boat, which is ever easier for you. Most of our trips are with in 1.5 hours of Orlando. Thanks for looking! Capt Joe
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cumbria
“Awesome Manatee Tour with Captain Joe - Fun 2 Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

An amazing experience, something we will never forget.
From our first meeting with Capt. Joe through to the end of the tour we had an fantastic day. we were really impressed with Fun 2 Dive's eco policy for the conservation of the Manatees, it is all about passive interaction. The manatees are gentle creatures and naturally curious,if you are quiet and calm they will come to you. Fun 2 Dive only allow a maximum of 6 people on the tour compared to other tour companies. We were provided with all the equipment needed to swim with the manatees, wetsuit, snorkel and mask, you just need to take a towel. The boat was well maintained and had a sun roof and seating. We were provided with snacks and cold drinks throughout the tour. We met Captain Joe at the boat at 09:00 and were with him ALL DAY there was no time restriction unlike other tour operators. THIS IS A MUST TOUR, if you have the time definitely do it, it is something you will never forget.

Sanford, Florida
“Amazing Manatee Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my manatee tour! I had never experienced this before and was a bit apprehensive (and not too good at breathing through the snorkel gear either), but Joe (our Captain) was amazing at making me feel comfortable with the mask and getting close to the manatees. He was able to spot them from far away and was always very careful to respect them. They are amazing, gentle creatures and I am so glad that I was able to swim with them. We even got to see a dolphin swim around our boat! I rate my experience as a 10! I highly recommend Joe and his tour!

Tampa
“Amazing day, referred to Captain Bill by Captain Joe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

From first reservation contact through the boat docking at the end of the trip- it was a great experience! I originally contacted Capt. Joe @ Fun2Dive for a manatee tour in Crystal River and was referred to his business partner Capt. Bill for the trip.
WHAT A TRIP!! They do small tours with a min of 2 people, max of 6. It was just my mother, myself, and Captain Bill on a weekday prior to 'season' and our private tour was amazing. No rush, no time-frame restrictions, clean and well maintained boat and equipment (with a nice quiet motor compared to the other boats!), snacks and drinks, it was everything we had hoped for and more. The 'cattle herd' boats were out and about in the same areas and I can't tell you how many times I was thankful for spending the small amount more for a full day trip with Captian Bill. Capt. Bill was knowledgable, professional, and just plain fun. He shows a true respect for nature and these wild animals. He got in the water and swam with us which really helped us with how to be unobtrusive and have successful passive interaction with the manatees. Being quiet, calm and passive allowed a manatee mother and curious calf to come up to us and play by twirling and rolling around us and smelling/nuzzling against us. I had my waterproof digital camera with me and took a couple pictures before putting it away so I could be in the moment of the experience- no loss, Captain Bill took great pics and I purchased them from him for a small reasonable fee! We left the docks about 9:30, found manatees right away, swam as much as we wanted, and returned happy around 3:30. It is an experience not to be missed, we are 110% satisfied and will recommend this tour to everyone!

Visited October 2013
“Unexpected Day Of Excellence with Captain Joe!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Well what can I say. I have just got back from a fantastic day out with Captain Joe. From start to finish it was a really excellent experience. I have to say I booked this tour for my wife as she loves manatees but once i was in the water with the gentle giants it was truly amazing. Capt Joe's knowledge and experience really shone through, we found our 1st group of manatees in the 1st 5 mins of looking and i think we managed to see and swim with around 16 in total. Joe made us feel really welcome and never rushed us when we were in the water. Some of the other tourist boats we saw were over-subscribed and very time constrained, we were promised a full day all inclusive with Capt Joe and that is what we got. I would 100% recommend this tour to anyone. It was truly amazing and we will never forget it.

Houston, Texas
“Magnificent day on the water with Captain Joe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

After a full load of artificial wonders in Orlando, it was refreshing to spend a day in natural Florida. Captain Joe's obvious concern for the well-being of of both his customers AND the manatees differentiated this experience from the cruel "swim with dolphins" excursions offered throughout the Caribbean. The snorkeling equipment is high quality and well maintained, refreshments and snacks are included, and Joe's "make yourself at home" attitude makes you feel comfortable on his boat, which was custom-made to reach parts of the habitat that larger tours cannot.

Joe is passionate about the rules designed to keep manatees wild, and worked hard to locate the graceful animals, which were amazing. The advantage of a small group (Joe's maximum is 6 swimmers per trip) soon became apparent, as we saw several larger boats with their crowds of swimmers jockeying for position around the oblivious animals. Captain Joe was in the water with us to ensure the safety of his customers and the animals, and the photos he took (and sold for a nominal fee) were much better than those produced by my amateurish attempts with a waterproof disposable camera, and worth every penny.

Captain Joe is a fun guy with a great attitude. Being able to spend time in the water with wild manatees is a dreamlike experience that cannot be adequately described, but should not be missed. We will see Captain Joe and the manatees on our next visit to Florida.

Visited September 2013