“Delicious food and a fun atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 167 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Port Saint John, Florida, United States
“Delicious food and a fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Some of the best German food I've ever had! This is my second time eating here and I can't wait to go back for a 3rd. I tried the veal schnitzel this time (instead of pork) and it was delicious! Also the giant pretzels are a great appetizer to try! They also always have live German music so it really sets the atmosphere. If your going on a Friday or Saturday get there early or make reservations. You can sit outside if you don't want to wait as long. Definitely a must if you are in Sanford!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Syracuse, New York
“Excellent German Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stopped in after a recommendation from the visitors center. However, upon being seated, we were greeted by a less than enthusiastic waitress. There was no music, and a seemingly melancholy atmosphere.
The food however was excellent, and we plan to return during our trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clermont, Florida
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We heard rumors of this German restaurant in Sanford that was not to be missed. The rumors were right!
We went for my husband's birthday and I got the be the designated driver, but I didn't mind. He started with a half liter of Spaten Optimater (I think this was a seasonal beer, but not positive) and our son had a liter of Munchen Hofbrau Lager. Big smiles all around the table!
Wonderful fresh bread was placed on our table along with butter. Our son had Hungarian Beef Goulash, which was devoured with great gusto and the bowl wiped clean with the bread. Both hubby and myself ordered the Jäger Schnitzel (along with another half liter of Spaten for him). The portion was huge with onion and mushroom gravy on top. Wish we had asked for more gravy! Don't know if they would be able to accommodate that request but will ask next time! Delicious! Sides were sauerkraut and Kase Spatzle.
I asked for a to go bag as I HAD to try their desserts. German Chocolate Cake is my husband's favorite so we ordered that and a Schnappsberry Cheesecake to share. OMG! The cheesecake was light and delicious. The German Chocolate Cake was the best I have ever had. AMAZING!
Please know that we had an hour drive from our home to this restaurant and I will do it again and again as there are many other dishes I wish to try for dinner. Would also love to try lunch there. (dinner is not served until 4:00 p.m.)
If you love good food, this is the place to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Courchevel
“German taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

A good place to try german food .
Sausages was cooked perfectly . The side of cabbage was similar as a choucroute in france .
The black forest was not flavorful ( american way )

orlando
“Crazy Fun after Germany won World Cup… but will RETURN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very good food, beer, and efficient service. Despite being very crowded and busy for the world cup game, they were polite, prompt and nice. We were a large party of 7 and they dealt with us great! Had a great time here with the raucous crowd on a Sunday night. I would love to return and shop in their store and eat my food more slowly! Everything we had was delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere