“Perfect Italian date night restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 168 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Italian
Description: New Restaurant near the Seminole mall,
Description: New Restaurant near the Seminole mall,
“Perfect Italian date night restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

After 10 yrs of living in this area, we finally found a delightful and delicious restaurant for that quiet date night where we don't have to spend a bundle but still feel like we were in a high end establishment. Chianti is located in an small strip mall, near chain restaurants and a mattress store. DO NOT let that deter you!

They make a truly memorable pizza. We ordered the Supreme and that crust made the trip worthwhile. The service is outstanding, they are friendly but not intrussive. Decent wine list tops things off.

If you choose to order a main course, they serve it with garlic knots. Ours were hot and very tasty. We ended the meal with a cannoli and that was delicious too. We will return!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Be sure to try the garlic knots!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stopped in for a quick dinner before going to movies across the way. Restaurant wasn't crowded so we thought we would be fine but service was anything but quick and we almost didn't make it. The food however was quite good and the garlic knots to die for so we will definitely give this place another try when we have more time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States
“Birthday Dinner at Chianti's Pizza and Pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well, it was my birthday and my friend suggested us going to Chianti's in Lake Mary, FL. I love Italian food and it sounded different and delicious. When we arrived, I noticed the name included Pizza and Pasta. It was a small restaurant attached to a strip mall. I hope the look of disappointment didn't show on my face. When we entered, it was packed, however, since my friend made a reservation, there was a table waiting for us. Of course I ordered Chianti wine right away. The special was a cheese tortellini and shrimp in a tomato sauce. It was exceptionally delicious. I intended to eat half, however, when I was taking my last bite, I was still yumming it up. My husband ordered the Veal Marsala and loved it. Other orders included the lasagne and a chicken dish. All of us were very happy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Very good food, very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Service was very good, even on a very busy Friday night. Food was very good; wine prices reasonable. We had chicken parmigiana (5 star) and pasta with chicken and broccoli (4 star, sauce was too watery). The pizza at nearby tables looked really good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

After dining here for lunch several times and thoroughly enjoying soups, salads, paninis and pizza, my husband and I ventured in on a Friday night for dinner. The owner greeted us at the door and led us to a cozy booth. As the sultry sounds of a lone saxophone were played by a talented musician, we perused the varied menu. I decided on the Linguine Puttanesca and my husband picked the Spaghetti Bolognese with a side of sausage. Each was served with salad and garlic knots. The generous portions tasted delicious! We finished the meal by sharing a Tiramisu for dessert. We drove 55 minutes to dine at Chianti's and since we have never been disappointed with anything that we have ordered, we can honestly say that Chianti's is well worth the drive. Try it and I'm sure that it will soon become one of your favorites!