“Great location to stay - wicked number of excellent restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Sanford
St. Albert, Canada
“Great location to stay - wicked number of excellent restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hotel has been renovated but still lacks some updates as far as beds and bedding. They still have the old single worn blanket where other hotels have the light duvets. The staff was extremely friendly with a great sense of humour and very helpful. There must have been some bed updates as our room had one queen size bed and one king size bed, an odd configuration. Breakfast was excellent with the usual carbohydrates, powered eggs, with ham and mystery meat patties. Cracker Barrel is right next door and very tempting to have breakfast, which is not a problem for me as The fruit served was frozen and not very tasty with the frozen ice crunch. I definitely would stay again due to the great assortment of restaurants and shopping in the area.
Suggestion:Hotel is next to the I-4 Interstate and would recommend to get a room at the far end on the hotel an

Room Tip: Hotel is next to the I-4 Interstate and would recommend to get a room at the far end on the hotel an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Fred,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your stay on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate the gracious comments as many guest have told me it is because of comments like yours that they decide to book our hotel. I know you mentioned that the hotel has been renovated, however, the hotel is schedule for a full room renovation starting in July. We are fortuante to have an incredible housekeeping and maintenance team that has kept the hotel looking fresh and new througout the years. As far as your bedding configuration, the room was orginially just a king bed and due to the demand for two beds in the room we added a queen which gave the configuration of a king and a queen. I once again thank you for taking your time to genoursly post your comments.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here because of the shuttle service to the airport, nice place, clean, free breakfast, friendly people. The only problem I have with it was the noise. I could hear the people in the next rooms much louder than any other hotel I have ever stayed and the Power Flush toilets in the rooms above mine were a real pain especially late at night and first thing in the morning. This place needs some sound deadening. Other than the noise everything was very good and all the staff were excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Malone
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here because of the shuttle service, which was great. They picked us up the night before after we dropped off our rental car at the airport, and brought us back in the morning. They have a huge breakfast selection, the hot stuff was not good (powdered eggs, canned gravy, etc.) but they had fruits, yogurts, etc. It seems well-kept, everything worked, the beds were neither comfortable or uncomfortable, but I REALLY wish I hadn't found a bunch of long curly black hairs in the tub!! For $119 I did not expect that!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I want to thank you for taking a moment of your time to give us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We greatly value our guest's comments. I thank you for the positive comments and want to make sure I comment on the hair in the bathtub. We take great pride in our cleanliness and I want to make sure that the hair in your bathtub was most likely the hair of the housdekeeper who cleaned the room. That does not make it acceptable, I just wanted to let you know that the tub was cleaned and in the cleaning process some hair from the housekeeper was left behind. I truly apologize for this and would ask the next time you need accomodations in the Sanford area that you contact me directly for your reservation.

Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice quiet and clean hotel. Front desk staff were nice and helpful. Close to the Seminole Towne Mall and places to eat. Breakfast was filling and enjoyable. Scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, juice, coffee, muffins, bagels and make your own waffles. The dining area is well lighted, clean and there was someone always checking to see if things needed to be refilled. We stayed there 2 nights and feel it is a very good value. The room we had was non smoking and had a king sized bed. The bed was comfortable and the room temperature was fine. The elevator is slow but not too annoying. There are snack and vending machines locations clearly noted on the inside of the elevator. The only reason I can't give this hotel a 5 star is that there is a very, very strong cigarette smell when you get off the elevator and down the hall. We were on the 4th floor.
However, I must note that our room did NOT smell of cigarettes at all. I would recommend this hotel to any group or individuals. Excellent value and we would stay there again.

Dear Pat,

I want to thank you for taking the time for posting comments on tripadvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you for your 4 stars and understand that the smoke smell prevented you from giving 5 stars. I have spoken with Tanya (Housekeeping Manager) about insuring that the hallways are kept fresh and pleasant smelling. On the 4th floor, half the rooms are smoking and half are non-smoking. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again please contact me directly at the hotel and I will handle your reservation personally.
407-585-1581
minneapolis, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Long day of driving and arrival to a welcoming lobby. Checked in quickly and found our king suite to be clean and very comfy. Great amenities, although we didn't need to use any on this trip. Had a nice, hot, breakfast with a very friendly hostess, before heading on down the road.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and hope you can return sometime in the future.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night to be close to the airport at the end of our vacation. Our goal was convenience because the flight was very early. What we got, in addition to proximity, was a spotlessly clean and large room, a very comfortable bed, what appeared to be new carpet and an upgraded bathroom. The staff was very helpful and so nice. Because we had to check out before breakfast, Frankie loaded us up with fruit, yogurt and whatever we wanted the night before so we could eat in our room. What a great personality! I wish I had asked the name of the woman who was working the desk that evening (Jan. 18) because she was also very helpful with directions to the airport and just generally being nice, as was the young lady who checked us in. Thanks guys, you made the pain of returning to the frozen north a little easier!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! Best Comfort inn ever. I want to thank you for the wonderful compliments about the hotel and the staff. Frankie does have a fantastic attitude and personality and being the valet driver fits him perfect. I have posted your comments for all the staff to see and just want to thank you again and hope you can return in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Decent price, nice room. Shuttle driver was great. Even at 4 in the morning. We stayed right before we flew out of Sanford airport. Room was clean and everything worked. Very close to restaurants as well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank You so much for your comments. We value what our guest have to say.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford? Share your experiences!