“wrong airport right hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Sanford
“wrong airport right hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I had to come to Orlando for a conference and accidentally bookedmy flight to the wrong airportI got on the bus for the Comfort Inn in Stanford Florida and was greeted by the nicest girl driving the hotel shuttle bus.
at the desk I started to check in and that's where I met Melissa &Troy as they look for my reservation I realized I was in the wrong hotel and on the wrong side of town that quickly contacted the hotel had reservations for and called for me to have a ride to that hotel I was so tired and frustrated from my flight they gave me candy & a coke and kept offering me coffee and other snacksthey were so nice to make me feel so welcome that I hated to leave to go to my hoteland boy was I right my hotel on the other side of townpales in comparison to the Comfort Inn Suites Sanford Florida next time I'm in Florida I plan on staying here

• Stayed October 2013
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and thank you very much for making such positive comments about our hotel and our team members Tory and Melissa. It sounds like you had quite an adventure but it sounds like everything worked out. I am glad that Chasity (shuttle driver) and the front office concierge (Tory and Melissa) were able to turn what could have been a frustrating upsetting situation into a positive.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of the reviews, and when we got there there was no one at the front desk for about 2 to 3 minutes, and the lady was in a rush to get us to our rooms instead of answering questions. The rooms where ok, had a little damp smell to them, but could be the florida air. The bathrooms need some updating, we did find a hair in the tub and a small bug, but that could be something the cleaning staff overlooked. Breakfast was ok. With all the issues we experienced we will look around next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tony,

I was disappointed when I read your review. It is the goal of the hotel and our staff to exceed our guest expectations. Unfortuantely, with your stay not only did we not exceed your expectation we failed to meet your expectations.

The hotel prides itself on service and cleanliness. The hotel usually has two guest service representatives at the desk so a guest does not have to wait. Our housekeeping staff is usually very vigilante with the bathroom cleanliness, especially hair (which usually is the housekeepers own hair as they clean).

I point out the service and cleanliness standard only to let you know your experience was an anomaly and not the norm. I would love the next you stay in Sanford to contact me directly next time you need to come to Sanford and I will personally take care of your reservation.

407-585-1581 Direct Line
stayincomfort@hotmail.com (Direct email)
Lady Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. There was the expected - clean, comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff, good location, and coffee all the time. Then the unexpected - big chocolate chip cookies in the lobby and iced tea and lemonade as well. Easy access to major roads. Next door to Cracker Barrel with McD's just around the corner. Just stayed one night but would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. They are appreciated it more than you can know.

Winchester, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed two separate nights at this hotel. The one night was good but the second not so much. I killed a roach in my bathroom and the bathroom needed a cleaning too. The breakfast selection was amazing and the food fresh. The exercise was small but all that was needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to respond to your comments and apologize that upon your second stay it was not as positive as your first. I want to assure you that the hotel uses a national pest elimination company that treats everyroom in the hotel on a monthly basis.

I would greatly appreciate it the next time you are going to be Sanford to please contact me directly and I will personally take care of your reservation.

I am sure the third time will be a charm.

Sincerley,

stayincomfort@hotmail.com
Locust Grove, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

No one would ever guess that this little town has so much to offer. Shopping, Dining and location. You are just 45 min in either direction to the Disney resorts in one direction and the same in the other direction is Daytona Beach, with out the tourist trap feel. You have multiple restaurants just minutes away, a courtesy shuttleI, and downtown Historic Sanford, FL. I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the Orlando area, and this is best one yet at a great price point for families or business travel. The girl down a the front is really great as well, she was able to give me a great recommendation for a place to eat and even printed me out directions. Kristen is an excellent concierge, and representative for this hotel. you can tell this is a well ran, well taken care of hotel. Trust me you wont find a better hotel in this area. This is not my first stay here for that reason.

Room Tip: It is really close to I-4. One time a stayed i was in a room right on the corner by the highway, an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a great comment about our hotel. Most important is the comment you made about how great Kristin is. Kristin is truly amazing. She splits her schedule between front office and sales and excels in both areas. Kristin has been with the hotel for nearly 9 years now and I hope to get another 9 years from her. Thank you again. Your comments are truly valued and appreciated. I have already shared them with Kristin.

Sincereley,

Conway, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I decided to take a long weekend with my son and our mutual friend to go up to N.C. for 3 days of golfing. As we were playing on courses in the Sanford area, I chose to stay at this hotel.
We were warmly greeted by Chris at the front desk. We were checked in promptly and headed up to the top floor. We found our room clean and comfortable. Two queens and a pull out sofa bed. The beds were very nice and slept well. The only issues we had with the room is that the one stand up lamp next to the sofa had a socket that was not properly screwed into the base, so kind of a safety hazard. In addition, the power flush toilet was not refilling it's self contained tank properly and we had to mess with it to get it to work properly. Both issue were relatively minor in nature.
As for the breakfast buffet, it was just fine. There was quite a large crowd early on Sunday morning for breakfast, so it was hard to find a place to sit, but we eventually did. Monday morning was not a problem. Had the place to ourselves. Food was very acceptable.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Get a Choice Members card and save big time by reserving on line. It was a great deal for what we paid. I have to complement Chris again, our check in agent. 2 days after we checked in, he saw me at breakfast, and called me by name. That's very commendable for only having seen me once or twice before that, on top of having a fairly full hotel on Saturday night. Keep up the good work Chris!!

Room Tip: Get a Choice Privilege card to get the best on line rates.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff member. It is just great as a manager to hear a guest compliment one of our team members.
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. It is truly appreciated.

Sincereley,

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Sanford Florida is a great stopping point for travelers! The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport and to the Amtrak train station! The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable and there is a microwave and refrigerator in every room. There is also a nice swimming pool for guests to use. The complimentary breakfast is one best we have experienced in our travels! So many choices and the staff is super friendly. Sandra Luquis was very attentive to the breakfast area and made us feel like family while we were waiting for the shuttle to the train station. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating as well, letting us stay in the room after the normal check out time because of the train schedule. We have stayed here before and will stay here again whenever we are in the area!

Room Tip: Always get a room away from the elevators, ice machine, and vending machine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for you comments.
Scott Shoemaker

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford? Share your experiences!