“Nice Hotel, Could Be Nicer With A Few Improvements” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel, Could Be Nicer With A Few Improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, however, our room had an unpleasant musty stale (smoke?)smell about it, even though the room was marked as nonsmoking. It was late and we were tired, so we didn't bring it to the front desks attention as I'm sure they would have changed our room for us but still not what you expect upon entering a room. Also, the blankets on the beds seem a bit worn around the edges and have pilling and should be replaced. As other reviews have mentioned, the loud truck traffic noise from the nearby highway did prevent us from getting a good nights sleep. I guess our room wasn't far enough away from the highway. The morning breakfast was nice & the area was clean, but please know that the description in the hotel amenities section is somewhat misleading as it claims they feature eggs and meat when in fact, the only eggs we found were hard boiled and the meat was frozen sausage, not quite a feature. They do also have creamed chipped beef if that is your preference. There were several people eating breakfast that didn't appear to be paying guests at the hotel? so we ended up having to wait for a table so we could sit down and eat our breakfast. It was still a nice hotel, but not without a few items that could use some improvements.

Room Tip: Request a room farthest from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and provide some comments to help our hotel improve. I am sorry you did not see the egg (besides the hard boiled), it was in the chafer dish with the sausage. We do have several long term staying guests and many returning guests. We have started to rotate our meat items and have added sliced ham and bacon. In addition we are replacing our egg patty with scrambled eggs. I apologize you had to wait for a seat and we have informed the breakfast hostess to open the meeting room for additional seating when the main breakfast seating is full.

I thank you for your comments and I do review each and every review and respond.

Scott Shoemaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Port Lavaca, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I need to go some where I just ask and they point me in the right direction. They were all so friendly I though I was back in Texas. Great job ! Everythink you needed was just a block or to away. I would go anytime I could. Thank's Sanford for being so nice. Hope to see ya again.

Room Tip: Can't fine any better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel and staff. It makes us all feel so good when we receive comments such as yours. We hope to see you again soon and say hello to Texas for me as I lived in San Antonio for three years.

Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Greetings,

During some years, I have had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn in
Sanford, Florida. Each visit has been exceptional and the staff is always so
great. In particular are two members - LuLu and Kristan. LuLu, with such a
delightful smile and charm, makes my stay better than just "another place".
She takes such personal care of each guest, but especially has given me such
family treatment. Such fun to have her around. LuLu deserves time away, but
we all notice when she is gone.

Then comes Kristan. A front desk guard always making sure everything is done
to order. Kristan insures that I get that "special room" and goes that extra step.
And this is done for all guests, not just me. What a pleasure to just make a call,
be recognized, and know she will have everything ready.

Thanks for both of these great people. Take care of them, because they take
care of your guests.

Just another point of interest. Two Chrismas seasons ago, a package arrived
to my home door. Upon opening, I discovered a beautiful wreath. It was hung
on my front door, and has remaind there for nearly 2 years - YES, 2 years.
Not one needle has fallen, yet it is very brown. I took a picture and presented
it to the folks at the hotel. So you see, this is just another testment to the enduring
and endearing way they treat their guests.

Peter Kinzie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Mr. Kinze,

Kristin and Lulu are my SUPERSTARS. I wish I could clone them both. They are two wonderful great employees and inviduals.

Sincerley,

Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Been to several other hotels and comfort inn and none of them can hold a candle to comfort inn Sanford. Their front desk is on top of things, always professional but fun. Kristin, heather, precious and Kia make sure your stay is as perfect as possible. the breakfast provided by LULU is amazing and always delicious. Now every hotel we go to we compare it to this one

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Miamisburg, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family spent 3 nights here recently. While it was a busy time, everything was great from the clean and comfortable room, the staff friendliness, the breakfast, and location. Very reasonable for the location and time of year with events going on in the area. Thanks Comfort Inn Sanford for a nice place to rest while on vacation and would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Rooms were very clean, pool was nice, breakfast was awesome and very well stocked! Easy off and on I-4. Staff very friendly and helpful. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, will definitely stay again next year. Recommend to anyone needing a place in the area. Affordable also

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Lulu's breakfast, hospitality, and service was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The room was very clean, the friendliness of the employers was very comforting. I'll be making it a point to come back and stay here every time I need an over night stay in Sanford.

• Stayed July 2013
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. They are truly appreciated and I have shared them with the staff. We hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Scott Shoemaker

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford? Share your experiences!