“Consistently excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Batavia, New York
“Consistently excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a wonderful, conveniently located property; especially for Auto Train passengers as we were. This was our third stay and we wouldn't consider another place in the Sanford area. Staff is outstanding, polite and helpful. The breakfast service is efficient and plentiful. Our rooms have been clean and comfortable. There are two good restaurants very close to the hotel; Cracker Barrel and a very lively Outback Steakhouse. Both are a short walk from the hotel. If you're waiting for the Auto Train, you'll have plenty of time to take a short drive into Sanford. Very interesting small town worth visiting. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family after a trip on the Amtrak train. The front desk staff was very helpful. Kristin suggested some nice restaurants and places to visit in the area, which my family enjoyed. On another occasion, traffic was becoming an issue because of the local construction. Heather gave me some great directions about side streets and other was to avoid the traffic.

The continental breakfast was surprising. They provide eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, waffles, muffins, donuts, and all types of juices. The young lady in charge of the breakfast was also very friendly. Lulu was consistently in the area replenishing everything. My family and I never had to ask for anything.

The rooms where very nice and clean. We would go out for the day, come back, and the rooms where like new once we returned. Just a great experience all around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to make such wonderful commets about our staff.
I have been a hotel manager for many years and our current staff is the best I have ever seen in the hospitality business. The staff are proud and passionate about their jobs and that transcends to the guest.

Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hotel is very convenient near many restaurants, shopping centre, gas station and easy 15 mins drive from Sanford Airport.
Very clean, well equipped, excellent breakfast included and helpful friendly staff - while beside a highway we did not hear any traffic noise. Will stay there again should we be in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the comments. We have worked hard to provide a complimentary breakfast that goes above and beyond your "typical" hotel breakfast.
The most important thing we want to hear from our guest is they will be back. Hearing those words we can be proud we have accomplished our goal.

Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here because it was close to my family and close to I95. The room was clean and we had no issues with it. The hotel has a nice small pool which we didn’t use but would have. It also had a small gym to work out if needed. We did however use the laundry room to wash clothes we had dirty, as we were doing a road trip from New Jersey. The machines worked fine but one of the washers was a bit quicker than advertised. It said the washers were 45 min but it end after about 25 min. It still cleaned the clothes but would have liked a longer wash.
Breakfast was good and a good selection. It had been a long time since I had Biscuits and gravy. The waffle station was good too. There were a lot of items to use on your waffles if you have kids I.E strawberries, peaches etc. It was also nice to have the mixed drinks served throughout the day. Coming back at night and walking up with a glass of lemonade or ice tea was nice to have and my little one loved the pink lemonade. If I couldn’t find a hotel much closer to my family in Lake Mary I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is so close to I95 I would suggest getting a room on the east side of the hotel or...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to oomment on your stay. Your comments are truly appreciated. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and it makes them feel good to know you had a great stay. I do want to clarify that we are right off of Interstate 4 and not I-95.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff here is friendly, unfortunately I donʻt have all their names. Thank you Amy & Joe for making the trips to and from the airport so I could get to work and back to the hotel (and the wonderful conversations)
Thank you Precious & Heather & Amy (again) for your warm smiles and making me feel like Iʻve known you ladies forever.
Last but not least....a great big thank you to Ms. Lulu Todd for always taking care of me and the rest of the crew for breakfast. I cannot thank you enough for everything! I was there for the whole month of March and it was great that I was able to make a great connection with you. *Blessings to you*

Wishing everyone the best!

CJ

Room Tip: Room 421 is great! It has a king size bed, pull out sofa and a chair too.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice hotel and staff. Rooms were clean and we were offered fresh baked cookies at check-in. They also have coffee, iced tea, and lemonade available in the lobby area. They offer airport transportation and park and fly options. Complementary breakfast was extensive and nicely displayed. There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant in the outer parking area which we could easily walk to for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
keepitrealSanford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time and writing such kind and wonderful words about the hotel. It is guest like yourself why I love the hotel business and love to hear the feedback from our guest. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to you staying with us again when you are in the Sanford area.
Fleetwood, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is one of the most efficiently-run Comfort Inns we have ever encountered. Even though they had a full house the night we stayed there, check-in went smoothly, the room was spotless and very comfortable, and the breakfast station was kept clean and well-supplied. (We also enjoyed the yummy macadamia nut cookies after dinner.) This is the third time we have stayed there before boarding the Auto Train, and each time we have said it makes the end of the vacation seem not quite so bad. BTW, they do allow a 3:00 p.m. checkout for Amtrak travelers, and don't forget to ask for the Amtrak discount.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford? Share your experiences!