“A very fun workout!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Sanford
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a treetop adventure at ZOOm Air Adventure Park Orlando, up in the trees of the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens! ZOOm Air's aerial adventure courses are deftly woven into the forest of the blackwater river floodplain swamp that is home to the Zoo. The design of our courses is integrated with the natural environment, inspired by the trees and the flow of the terrain and flora. Become an arboreal animal, as you swing, climb, balance, and zip from tree to tree. Get a bird's-eye view of the land below as you travel in the trees over dancing logs and tight wires, across rope bridges, nets, and suspended disks. Feel your adrenaline pump as you conquer abundant treetop challenges, including exhilarating rides on our zip lines. Meanwhile, your perches in the trees offer an opportunity to see flora and fauna not found on the ground, and to get a feel for what it's like to live in the trees. A ZOOm Air adventure is a great outing for families, friends, or co-workers. This entertaining, self-propelled attraction gives both nature lovers and challenge seekers the opportunity to enjoy the thrill of adventure in Seminole County. We provide you a harness system and train you to use it. Then we send you off into the trees to resurrect your inner child, overcome your fears, and explore the world from a new perspective, while our thoroughly trained park operators monitor your activities from below. As a reward, finish off the games with a series of wild zip lines! The shorter set can enjoy ZOOm Air adventure, too, on our safe-but-exciting Kids' Course. And if we didn't wear you out completely (and we often do), while you're there, visit the Zoo. You may see some genuine arboreal animals, and kids love to cool off at the Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground at the Zoo. Amenities: Parking; restrooms; gift shop selling souvenirs, bottled water, pre-packaged snacks, insect repellent, and shoe rentals for those visitors showing up in flip-flops. Full food concessions are available inside the Zoo.
Parma Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“A very fun workout!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went to Zoom Air in the off season (mid September). I was for a while the only guest at the park. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the courses were a blast. I used muscles I didn't even know I had, I sure felt it the next day!

I highly recommend Zoom Air, even for those who are afraid of heights, once you're in the harness and tied into the tree you lose the fear and when your on the zip lines the last thing you'll think of is how high you are, it's just too much fun!

Visited September 2012

“Once you get past the aweful, understaffed, OVERPRICED customer service experience- the courses are fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I watched a dozen people
Walk away AFTER buying tickets to zip line with Zoom air!! The shack where harnesses and bracelets are provided and waivers signed is staffed by one person who hand writes all the cumbersome paperwork involved, distributes harnesses, bracelets, and provides instruction.. If you do not have a ton of patience, I do not recommend

Visited May 2013
Zoom A, Public Relations Manager at Zoom Air, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We're happy you enjoyed the courses! There are times, particularly holidays and weekends, when we are especially busy, and since we do not require reservations, this does result in customers sometimes having to wait before beginning their adventure. Additionally, sometimes patrons have not planned enough time in their schedule to complete the Zoom Air adventure (we can only post typical times for completion; these vary by individual and by day). We will continue to work toward making our customers' experience enjoyable from start to finish.
“Horrible Customer Service - Do Not Recommend!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A few friends and I wanted to visit ZoomAir at the Central Florida Zoo, so we made plans and called to get the park hours in advance. The young lady at the front desk told us, over the phone, the latest time for admittance was 4:30pm. So when my friends and I arrived at 4:05pm, we were surprised when we were told that we would not be allowed to enter the course because the last admission was at 4:00pm. I explained to the manager and the young woman that we were told 4:30 and planned our trip out to Sanford based on this information. Even after the woman at the front desk stated that she mistakenly told us the wrong time over the phone, the staff at ZoomAir did nothing to accommodate our party. We were told there were no exceptions and that there was nothing they were willing to do. The staff was very inconsiderate and indifferent about the inconvenience they caused. I would not recommend this zipline course. I'd recommend Gatorland if you are lookig for a fun experience and accommodating trip.

We are terribly sorry for your experience. Unfortunately, your group could not be accommodated at that time because staff already had been dismissed and there were not enough qualified employees to monitor your adventure. We took this as a retraining opportunity: It clearly shows how important it is to communicate accurate information to customers, and we sincerely apologize for the error when you called.
Orlando, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Lots of Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My fiance and I had a date here - just to do something different, and it was fabulous! I wish that we had planned more time to do the Rainforest course, as the Upland course was a little bit easier than we expected. If you have children, they will love this, but even for adults, it is a fun way to push your boundaries and try something new!

Visited November 2012
Apopka, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“What an exciting experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We took our 10 and 12 year old grandchildren to this zip line adventure. We rate is very good for teenagers and adults, but I would not recommend younger children, despite their height. This is more of an obstacle course than a zip line. Our 10 year old grandson had to be helped down after 3 of the activities. About 25% of the course is zip line, vs all the obstacles that you have to tackle up in the trees. But the workers are terrific, and we cannot say enough good things about them trying to coach our grandson before he was assisted down to the ground.

Visited August 2012