“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

After I'd already booked a week's stay here, I read some of the negative reviews and was very tempted to cancel. Thankfully, I didn't because my experience here has been good. First of all after being here for a week I haven't seen any bugs of any kind. Secondly, yes there are a lot of workers here, however everyone I've encountered were very polite and courteous. The building is relatively new, Thus my room was very clean, neat and in excellent condition including an about 36' flat screen TV. Although it's true there are no tableware, cookware, or additional supplies, if you choose to purchase the kitchenware, you get to keep it. For the price I really can't complain about having to provide my own necessities. I believe I only hear one argument, but it only lasted a few minutes. The staff were all polite and helpful. I had my own internet access, so can't comment on that..The noise level was well within normal limits. Just normal voices and a few kids crying occasionally. Although there are a few stores and restaurants within walking distance, the neighborhood is not the best, thus I recommend using a little bit of common sense and not hanging out at night alone etc. By doing so, you can be safe and still take advantage of the low price stay if needed. Let's face it, if price was no issue, you won't even be reading this. Can't say if I was just lucky, but it worked for me. The only negative comment I have is that because people persist in disregarding the no smoking signs, the hallways do smell of smoke. Fortunately, my room didn't.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Sanford, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Please know that at Value Place we use all feedback for positive training. We do hope that if you have future travel you will continue to choose Value Place. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake Mary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I lived there three months last summer and I should say it was the worst hotel I have ever been even in third world countries:
1) They charge for the internet and It is not even wireless. They give you a cord and if you lose it you should pay some fines. I knew how to share internet from my laptop, so I could use it as wireless.
2) the service is awful. they clean your room every other week (too late) and they don't even charge the toilet paper or anything. I had to go back and tell them they forgot to clean something while they were there or the towels weren't clean.
3) Rude personnel and not helping at all.
4) laundry machines eat your coins without starting and the hotel is not responsible for that. so you should call the laundry machine company!!!!
5) Bad neighborhood. not safe at all. the bar/club over there are super noisy on weekends.
6) you should pay for utensils and coffee maker and everything else and it will be cheaper if you go to store and buy them.

Room Tip: if you want to stay in this area I suggest you choose Extended Stay America in Lake Mary.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orange City, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place is a rip off! They advertise low prices per night but charge you for anything and everything they can think of. An extra $50 for dishes (really?!)..who travels with dishes? Besides regular room charges, they require a deposit for your stay. We had to evacuate the room at 2:30 am because someone was cooking and the sprinklers went off. The staff acted as if it wasn't a big deal and then tried cleaning all the water out of the hallway all night long (noisy). Ended up paying more for this hotel then a nicer one.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This place has roaches roaches roaches roaches I had to kill wasps a roaches is in my room I had to go out and purchase some roaach spray notified manager of it but never seen nothing like it I have killed 12 bugs in my room stay here for 3 weeks so ready for my new place

• Stayed April 2013
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Sanford, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our property as an ongoing pest control program so we will review with that contractor. Again we thank you for this information. We use all information as a training tool and ones to learn by.
7326te
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have recently 2 weeks stayed in this apartment and in contrast to previous poor reviews, we have an excellent experience. And that for a very favorable price. Excellent location on the highway, and neat and clean rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. Of noise or nuisance was totally out of the question.
Cannot understand why people are so negative about this motel. And should anyone be afraid of cockroaches, please be assured, you will not find them here, which in much more expensive motels, often occurs.

Room Tip: Choose a floor as high as possible on the front for even more peace and nice streetview. There is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Sanford, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind comments of our staff and property. We work very hard to ensure that our property is a Clean and Safe hotel. We also have 1 main goal; that our guest are happy and satisfied with their entire stay. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again as a guest with our Value Place.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stuck here in Sanford while I wait on my permanent visa to Brazil . The hotel is not bad, not luxurious but clean and newer . The problem is the human trash that stays here . I would guess more than 3/4 are collecting a welfare check for subsidized housing . Damn kids , unsupervised maurading the hallways in packs screaming, talking loud, no trashy parents in sight and no night guard to break them up and tell them to be quiet or take it outside . . Doors are constantly opening at midnight , at 2 a.m. and slamming in narrow hallways .. schanky creatures in the parking lot , smoking , drinking porch monkeys , a piece of bubble gum has more worth. Good concept , very bad execution .

Room Tip: ask for the top floor away from children , get an end room . segregate business travelers .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is my sisters and I first time coming to the Value Place and our experience by far is extremely awful to the MAX!!! We were told check in was at 11am but when we got here the manager stated check-in was at 3pm and accused us of having an attitude!!! Well being told one thing and its another dont you think we would be upset? Further more, we drove all the way from New Jersey so yes we are tired and need some rest, but the manager obviously didnt have any consideration for that. We returned back at 3pm to find out the office was CLOSED!!!! How do you explain that, AFTER saying check-in is at 3p? I've never been in a hotel where you have to pay for pots & utensils for your kitchen suite room, and more so....TOILET TISSUE??? I really believe that they need to have better staff who have respect for their customers, stop trying to scam people with buying tissue when you ARE required to make sure your bathrooms are stocked properly with that, and make sure customers get the accurate information!! Overall the room was maintained properly, price was not bad!!! I doubt i'll come back here though!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Sanford, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Value Place Management

Been to Value Place Sanford? Share your experiences!