“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Budget Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 S. Orlando Drive, Sanford, FL 32773   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Dell Rapids, SD
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked a room with Budget Inn using Hotwire. Normally Hotwire and Priceline always book non-smoking rooms, but they did not this time. I later heard someone at the front desk that had the same problem. However, the staff went out of their way to find us a room that was not smoky as there were no non-smoking rooms available. The hotel itself was a little rundown and the floors and furniture were beat up and stained in places. However, the beds and towels were clean. The staff made up for the shortcomings with their hospitality though. For the $37 I paid (before taxes) I can't complain. I would recommend this hotel if you need a place to sleep, but if a few cosmetic things or iffy clientele bother you then look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very convenient to Sanford airport. The staff was nice. The rooms are small and a bit dated. However, the room I was in had a fresh coat of paint and the bathtub looked as if it had been re-glazed recently. The room had an updated TV and wi-fi. The rooms were clean and price was right. The only issue I have was, during the night I turned on the bathroom light and a roach ran across the floor. Maybe it isn't representative of the whole hotel but it should be noted.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Guelph Ont.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very close to the airport. Park and fly service. No shuttle but a reasonable taxi service available. Staff were helpful and courteous. Swimming pool was sparkling and clean. Ihop next door. Beautiful view of the lake at the rear of the building. We will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed for one night before my flight. I was expecting the worst after reading the reviews but the rooms were clean and modern.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and it's next to a beautiful lake where locals fish. There were snapping turtles peeping up amongst the water lillies and there's a BBQ and picnic area.
So I was pleasantly surprised.
The free wifi was perfect too, you could use it everywhere - by the lake as well as in your room. And I had a huge tv with lots of channels.
There's also a restaurant right next door.
One local warned me that the area could be rough and it was not safe to go out on your own in the dark, but I guess that could be true of many places and I did not witness anything bad.
The only real bad thing I could say was there was a bad smell in my room. It smelt like someone had pissed on the carpet. So I kept my shoes on!
But for the price I think it was really good and I would go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room nearest the reception, it was quiet, close to the pool, but smelt funky.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
English, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to the airport and affordable, which is why we chose the Budget Inn. I was slightly worried about what the condition might be because I did get such a great rate. Surprisingly though, it's a very decent place to stay. The rooms were pretty clean, there's a pool, and it does back up to a nice little lake. But, the best part was the amazing staff at the front desk! John was working when we were there and was extremely nice - even printed out my plane tickets and fixed the vending machine so we could have a snack. They also gave us the number to a nice and affordable taxi service - $10 to the airport! Worth the money spent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Perfect for a one night stopover when you touch down in Orlando if you got drunk on the flight. Front desk staff were very friendly and polite. Efficient check-in. Rooms basic and ours had a slight musty smell but clean and functional. Pool was clean. Close to Airport - $15 taxi ride. Eateries within walking distance. (Try Kerrs Wing House) No Complaints and a bargain price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I live out of state and was visiting Florida and needed to stay for a week. Not only was the price very reasonable but the customer service was exceptional, the room and pool was clean and everything was in working order. Imran, Rosari, John, and Alejandra were extremely accommodating, not to mention, all of the staff always had a welcoming smile. I would definitely recommend the Budget Inn and when I visit Florida again I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!