We checked in on Christmas Eve for an 8 night stay. Amy at reception was delightful...we laughed about us missing Santa by 30 minutes...but at least the kids staying at the resort had the chance to see him and hear a Christmas story. And, thanks to the Club Intrawest folks, Santa found us in the morning, leaving a cute little stocking, candy and gingebread man on our front door. This year we had booked a 1 bedroom 2 bath suite. The suite has lots of elbow room for 3 people and is nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. We cooked our Christmas dinner in the suite and borrowed a potato masher from the 'gourmet kitchen' supply at reception to complete our 'cornish hen, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy' meal. We took a lovely walk to Baytowne Wharf to enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas, including taking the shuttle all around the resort to see the Christmas lights. Andi, our shuttle driver was most informative and entertaining...giving us tip after tip of what to do and what to buy in the area.
The rest of the week was filled with trips in and around the resort. The Club is very conveniently situated...near shopping malls, grocery stores and fish markets. We also went to the zoo in Gulf Breeze..a small community just East of Pensacola...they have a new baby giraffe! It's a fun place for a couple of hours touring.
Our only 'issue' was the air quality in the suite. It was humid and stuffy. This could be contributed to the fact that the outside temperature was 'cooler than usual'. Don't know..anyhow we compensated by opening the balcony door and 'airing' out the suite on occasion.
We had a fine time, overall....and plan to return again in 2 years time as we already have plans for next Christmas and New Years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Southern Golf & Beach ResortClub Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. Located next to the calm waters of Choctawhatchee Bay, Club Intrawest – Sandestin features large balconies or comfortable sun rooms with deep Hemingway lounge chairs. Vacation Homes offer the comforts of home with full kitchens, flat-screen TVs and plenty of space to stretch out and relax. Spend an evening barbequing by the pool or enjoying a movie in the private movie theatre.Carved from 2,400 magnificent acres along the panhandle of Florida's Gulf Coast, Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort boasts the emerald-green waters and sugar-white sands of the world's most spectacular beaches. Explore the surrounding area, including Jolee Island Nature Park, world-class golf and tennis facilities, the lively Village of Baytowne Wharf and more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Sandestin Hotel Sandestin
- Hotel Intrawest Sandestin
- Resort Intrawest Sandestin