“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sandestin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Sandestin Resort Observation Point North in mid March 2015. The grounds and beach are beautiful. Our problem with this resort was the security. Our building was NOT secure and college kids from offsite were easily able to access the building and pull the fire alarm at 2AM. This occurred on two consecutive nights. Security seemed more concerned with getting the students off the premises than helping guests. As the fire truck came and left, no one gave guests the all clear or unlocked the elevators, requiring us to walk up to the 4th floor. One access was blocked and the enterance in the underground parking college kids were fighting. Speaking to Coastal Dreamin, who we rented from, and head of security was very disappointing. Coastal Dreamin suggested we rent in another building next time and, since we are older, the first floor would be better. Security said they need more practice drills. Their lack of courtesy and preparedness were appalling and we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been to Sandestin before and loved it. I really love this resort. it is beautiful and unique and very accommodating. There are so many things to do for families of all ages. Having said that, Spring break is not the time to go. Our room was located looking out over the village. Every night the noise outside was outrageous. Screaming, yelling until 2:30am. Two of the days they pulled the fire alarms at 1am and 2am. I had complained, but there really isn't anything the staff can do to control these college students. I really love this resort. I think people should go, it is a wonderful time. Just avoid spring break.

Room Tip: If you stay in the villages of Baytowne Wharf, do not overlook the village. It will be quieter at ni...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
marjory2015,

Thank you for your recent review of Sandestin. We appreciate you continuing to choose us when you are in our area. We have so much to offer our guests and we are so pleased you continue to enjoy it. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. The Village is quite busy in the evenings with guests from off property coming to enjoy all the Village had to offer. We look forward to you visiting us again soon and continuing to create wonderful memories here at Sandestin.

Lyerly, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check-in very nice, new building. Traveled for Business with another lady from my office, reservations made at the same time, didn't realize the property has numerous buildings, and naturally they put us in different buildings, one vehicle, so had to park between to be close. Arrived after 6+ hour drive, even though check-in is nice it is a mile or so from hotel, anyway get to room hot and tired and room was hot 75 degrees, left of dinner and returned to 79 degrees, called front desk and it took about 3 hours to fix. The other traveler with me had not air till the next day. Carpet in my room was very dirty, and my commode did not flush most of the time we were there. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Sharon S,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We are saddened to see your experience here at the resort. Please know what you experienced is not the standard here at Sandestin and certainly unacceptable. We would like to speak with you in detail about your stay. Please contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com at your earliest convenience. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Attended a wedding on this resort and it was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to! Huge golf resort complete with it's own little wharf full of bars, restaurants, boutiques, and fun activities. I've been to Destin a few times and have only discovered this property now. The vacation rentals are beyond beautiful. The pictures on the website does not accurately represent this well at all!!! I will definitely stay at this resort again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Cat F,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandestin. We are so pleased to see you discovered the resort and all we have to offer. We trust the special occasion you were here for was one to remember and you created many wonderful memories. We have so much to offer and so many accommodations for our guests to choose from. We appreciate your choosing us and we look forward to your next stay!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Rooms are nice, but the dj screaming in the microphone until 2am is not. Beware, if your not here to party be prepared to sleep with windows and doors closed and enjoy the incessent beating of bass. I called mgmt at midnight but they said there is nothing they can do as it is the "hotel next door." Place is manicured nicely and the beer cans will be picked up by 7am. Room interiors are nice and staff is friendly, even if they can't help with the deadmou5 nightly tribute. Overall I'd pass.

• Stayed March 2015
Matthew H,

We appreciate your choosing Sandestin for your most recent stay in our area. We apologize for the inconvenience and for the interruptions you encountered during spring break. The Sandestin Owners Association Security team monitors the noise level in the Village closely and we are sorry for your experience. Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort raised our rental age limit to rent to 25 for all properties during this time period. We do hope you will choose to visit us again, outside of Spring Break and enjoy all Sandestin has to offer. We are confident you will enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when you are ready to visit. We look forward to your next arrival.

Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for 2 months in a wonderfully appointed and equipped beachfront 2 bedroom condo. The view was spectacular even though the weather was not always great. Were winter guests so we were entitled to free bikes and tennis. As well we got a discount on 3 of the challenging golf courses. The staff was very helpful an accommodating throughout our stay. The weather was not the best but we expected this as we were there in the off season.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
fore42,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us here at Sandestin and taking advantage of all we have to offer. We are pleased your beachfront unit was perfect for you and your family. The sunrises and sunsets from our beachfront units are amazing. We have many complimentary amenities available to our registered guest and we are pleased you had a chance to take advantage of a few. From bikes to tennis to kayaks and even unlimited transportation, there is something for every member of the family. We look forward to you staying with us again soon and enjoying Sandestin once again.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time ever to Destin,FL. I was looking around online for somewhere to go on the Gulf to go on a trip to the beach for my birthday. The Sandestin came up in the search for resorts. I called and asked about this awesome deal for $89. a night. I was making sure it was true. Well this ended up being a steal even in the off season. My husband and I really liked our room. We stayed on the bayside in, Bahia. The room was very clean and nice. The bed slept so good. It was quiet and a very pleasant experience. The parking under the building was nice also. I liked that we could take a very short walk on beautifully manicured landscaped trails to Baytown Warf. We ate breakfast at Another Broken Egg and omg the Lobster and Brie omlett was amazingly delicious.
We went over to the beach side of the resort and the beach was beautiful. I was so pleased and happy. I drove 7.5 hrs for this experience and although the weather was gray skies and a little chilly I truly enjoyed myself. My husband and I will be making plans to return this summer. We have been telling everyone about Sandestin Resort. Everyone we came in contact with was nice. This property is very large covering many acres. It's like a little city. You don't have to leave if you don't want to. Nearby is a hospital, Walmart, and nice shop

• Stayed February 2015
Nformu2,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin. We appreciate your business and your wonderful review of the resort. We have so much to offer here at Sandestin and we are pleased to see you had a chance to take advantage of it. From the Village shopping, restaurants and entertainment to the beautiful sugar sand beach, there is something for everyone. We are pleased you enjoyed your accommodations in Bahia too. We look forward to your next arrival!!

Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!