“Nice place but maid stole from our room” 3 of 5 stars

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy West, Sandestin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sandestin
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice place but maid stole from our room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have been going to Destin at least once a year for 20 years, and stayed at Sandestin 3 times, but this will be my last, as we had some of our belongings stolen from our room. I reported it immediately and management has Not handled it to my satisfaction. They did a lock interrogation and know who did the stealing...but they haven't even fired the maid. We also saw the maid in the hall with a boyfriend, which made us uncomfortable. Just not what I expect from a 4star property. Really disappointing.

Room Tip: We stayed in observation point north, I would avoid that location and possibly avoid the dishonest m...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
GalenF,

We appreciate you choosing Sandestin and for your most recent stay. I have spoken to our Director of Housekeeping regarding your stay. We appreciate you taking steps with our security team in reporting this and we are sorry this has not been followed up on to your satisfaction. Please contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com so we may discuss in further detail. We take these situations seriously and do not hesitate in corrective action with our employees. This type of behavior is not tolerated here at Sandestin. We appreciate you continuing to choose Sandestin and we wish to resolve this situation to your satisfaction and you to choose Sandestin again in the future.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Seagrove Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our annual Christmas party was held at the Sandestin Resort this year. And after having had the prior years event at an upscale hotel on 30a, to say they had big shoes to fill would be an understatement. The accommodations for our group were hosted by the Grand Sandestin while the party itself was held at the Beach Club. Being in the middle of off-season, I was a bit worried about the service level, but I was soon proven wrong. The check in was seamless and the front desk agent was very hospitable. We had several deliveries that were made to our large, well-maintained and spotless room by friendly staff (who had they not made the deliveries would have taken away from the enjoyment of the evening). Many times there are service missteps when it comes to "after check-in" deliveries, but these were facilitated seamlessly. The event itself was a smashing success. Located in the Beach Club, the food and service were beyond reproach. Beautifully presented, the food knocked the socks off of our attendees, who are still raving about the meal. We simply couldn't have asked for more and as far as filling big shoes, mission accomplished. We will be back next year for the accommodations, service and exceptional dining experiences!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our stay, the second of 2014, was once again outstanding. The staff was extremely warm and friendly. The fantastic concierge, Celia Howtz Kenney, helped my wife immeasurably as she sought a hair salon (not an easy task). Celia also searched for my wife's house keys, which we thought she had lost in the sleeping room, but later turned up in one of my wife's other travel bags. While searching for the "missing" house keys, Celia discovered some clothing I had left behind in a dresser drawer. She promptly returned the clothing to me in New Orleans. Additionally, Beth, the shift supervisor at the front desk, was very pleasant and greeted me kindly upon check-in.

With a caring staff like this, who would want to stay anywhere else in the greater Destin area?

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Northwest Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been visiting the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort for over a decade. Our daughter and son-in-law now bring our grandchildren to join us in this family tradition. We have enjoyed both beachside and bayside accommodations. Our most recent visit was bayside which put us within walking distance of the Village at Baytowne, Jolee Island, the marina and the nature trail.

With bicycles, golf, tennis, shops, restaurants, and shuttle service to points throughout the resort, there is something for everyone. This is not a hotel in the conventional sense; rather, the units are condos which provide more space, particularly if your visit is for several days. Concierge service is provided along with the usual amenities. Obviously, it's a fun destination; otherwise, we would not continue as repeat guests.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is amazing place to spend just few days over long weekend or stay for whole week. Place has everything to accommodate every needs for every member of extended family including grand parents, teenagers etc. we staid at Laguna side of the resorts and just used a shuttle bus to go back and force to the beach side during day time.

Stayed September 2014
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Innochek,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We have wonderful accommodations on the bayside of our property and it is just a short tram ride to the beach. We hope you had a chance to enjoy some of the complimentary amenities we offer our registered guests during your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Sandestin and we hope you will choose us again soon.

Kohler, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love golf and went to Sandestin specifically for that purpose. They have four VERY different golf courses, two that I would consider top tier, and two that I would consider resort. I was expecting them to be nice, I mean, Sandestin is a first-class resort in every other aspect, but Burnt Pine (my favorite course there) was a genuine thrill and surprise. I was only there for golf, really, but couldn't get past the beachside accommodations, the fabulous dining down at the Marina Bar, and the cool shop/play area around the marina. There was more than enough for our family of six to do for the full three days we were there. This is a place that knows how to pamper you and let you be on your own... I used to think I'd never go anywhere other than the Watercolor in that area... Sandestin top to bottom goes toe-to-toe. Great stay!

My in-laws go to Florida every February for golf and to escape the snow. Sandestin will certainly be my recommendation for them this year.

Room Tip: Anything above the third floor with an ocean view is pretty epic.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
mobilegolfer,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and all we have to offer. We do have 4 wonderful award winning golf courses here at Sandestin. We trust the weather was perfect for your stay and you played well on all courses. We look forward to you joining us again for some wonderful time on our Burnt Pine course! The resort is 2400 acres of non-stop fun in the sun for all ages. Great accommodations, great guests service and of course beautiful beaches and wonderful entertainment..something for everyone. We appreciate you choosing us and we look forward to your next stay!

Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I have made this an annual trip. We celebrate Thanksgiving with all of our family and then getaway to the resort for relaxation and a little Christmas shopping. We love it and will be back many more times. We stayed in a condo in the Village this time and enjoyed being able to walk to everything. We never moved our car.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Tumi323,

We are so pleased to see your family chose to stay with us for Thanksgiving. We love our guests spending holidays with us and creating wonderful memories with the ones they love. We have so much to do for the entire family and this year, the weather was gorgeous! With the Village of Baytowne Wharf there is wonderful places to dine and shop. We hope you continue this tradition and we look forward to your next stay with us!!

Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!