“Nice property to stay at” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Shopping at Sandestin
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sandestin
Baton Rouge
“Nice property to stay at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

When I originally booked my reservation I booked a room at LaCeil. It was awful - I do not recommend staying there. There was no hot water, the toilet was filthy and the room smelled like urine. I had a baby with me and called to be transferred to another room and they transferred us to the Elation building. It was wonderful! The room was nice and clean. The village is perfect for those with young families because you can wander around and have a nice time, but still be walking distance from your room. The staff was wonderful to work with. Diamond was very helpful and answered any and all questions we had. Beth was the person who transferred us and I couldn't have been more thankful for her.

Room Tip: DO NOT book at room at the LaCeil building. Spend a little more money and stay at one of the nicer...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Lori R,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin and for sharing your experience. We are so pleased to see our amazing front desk agents, Beth and Diamond took care of all of your needs. So glad we were able to get you placed in just the right accommodations during your time with us. We have so many different types of accommodations and something for everyone. We have an amazing staff and 2400 gorgeous acres and we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this resort. It was a mixture of business and pleasure. Conference center was nice and centrally located for all attendees of our conference. The nearby village shops provided many lunch choices though the "village tax" added below the sales tax to each bill was a bit annoying. Condo units were modern, clean, and ver spacious. Full kitchen with washer and dryer was a real bonus. It is important to note that most units have views of a bay off the gulf but do not face the beach. In fact, beach is quite a long distance away and requires riding a shuttle or driving to a parking lot near it. Once reached the beach is absolutely fabulous with gorgeous white sand and gentle waves. Hope to return soon!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Willhh,

Thank you for your review of your most recent conference here at Sandestin. We hope your conference was a success and you are looking forward to attending for the 2014 conference. We do have accommodations from the beach to the bay and something for everyone. We are pleased to see you had time to enjoy the Village during your stay with us. The weather has been amazing so we know the beach was just about perfect for relaxing and taking in the sand and surf. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I visited Destin for 11 days with my family. I have Lyme Disease and was granted a Make-a-Wish trip. I specifically asked if I could stay at Sandestin, because it looked so amazing online, and Make-a-Wish worked with Sandestin so I could. It was...amazing. I don't know if I can find enough words to say how wonderful it was. The room we stayed in was hand-selected for us, and it was beautiful. We stayed in the Beachside 1, on the 14th floor. The balcony gave a heavenly view of the beach/ocean, the living room was so comfy and big, the kitchen was perfect for cooking, and the bedrooms were perfect. I can't remember the last time I slept so well - the beds were like sleeping on clouds. I can't say enough good things about the room we stayed in. It really made all the difference in our trip.
When we arrived, there was a wonderful, sweet handwritten card from Kendra, who's the head of marketing and was the main person in organizing everything with the hotel. It made me feel so welcomed.
We also met some of the beach attendants, who were SO great and SO nice. They set an umbrella and chairs aside for us. We spent so much time in those chairs, soaking in the sun and the feel of the sand in our toes and taking in the view of the ocean. One of our favorite beach attendants was named Phil; he was so friendly and great.
We really loved the strip of Sandestin's beach. The sand was white as snow, the water was beautiful, and it was flawlessly clean. And we met so, so many nice people! Because of all the rain Destin had gotten over the summer, there was a bit of seaweed in the water, and the waves were a little rougher than usual, but it hardly made a difference. We spent lots of time snorkeling in the water, looking for shells and sand dollars and seeing little fish. And every night, my dad and I would walk down to the beach with flashlights, watch the little ghostcrabs skitter around the sand, and look for the big crabs that would occasionally wash up on the beach, then retreat back. It was amazing, something I'm going to remember fondly for a long, long, long time.
The service that came in and tidied up the rooms/restocked shower samples/etc was great. They came in many-a-time when we weren't there, and we never had to worry that something was going to turn up missing. When they came when we were there, they were very friendly and even answered questions we had about Destin. We also received complimentary turn-down service (it was gifted to us because of our being a Make-a-Wish trip) and that was such a treat! Each night we got our bedcovers turned town and two large squares of the most delicious chocolate!
On the first night we visited, we had dinner at the Elephant Walk. It was wonderful. The food was heavenly, and everyone who worked there was so nice! My mom mentioned that I hadn't gotten to celebrate my 16th birthday because I was sick, and at the end of our meal, a bunch of the waiters came to our table with a piece of chocolate cake (with 'Happy Sweet 16!' written on the edge of the plate in caramel!) with a guy who was singing me Happy Birthday with his guitar (we later found out he was someone who regularly plays upstairs). It was so special. Also, the waitress we had was so sweet, answering all of our questions about Destin, giving us suggestions on the best places to go and see, and patiently taking lots of family photos of us in front of the sunset.
We also went to Baytown Wharf several times. We visited the gelato shop, and it was so delicious, along with the candy store, which was so cool and so cute! I did the ropes course, which was so empowering. After being so sick and weak for so long, I was able to go four stories high on this ropes course, which worked all of my muscles. While I was doing it, out of nowhere, a bunch of people gathered down below and started cheering me on! It was so great. My dad and I also did the zipline - it was crazy! I could have done it all day, it was so much fun! We played the little golf game and the ship game by the water, and spent a lot of time taking photos and looking around. It was such a cool place, we went back at least twice more!
Everyone from the security gate guards to the phone operators were so friendly and nice. I really can't say enough about the Sandestin. It was wonderful, and it made my Make-a-Wish trip just...unbelievable. I'm truly never going to forget it. Kendra, and everyone else who had a hand in arranging my stay at the Sandestin, made this trip a healing experience, a special one, one that I'm never going to forget. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cassidy S,

Thank you so much for choosing us! We are so happy and pleased to know you had such an amazing time with us here at Sandestin. We loved having you and your family here and seeing that you all had a great time, enjoyed the resort, relaxed, healed and make amazing forever memories with us here at Sandestin. It was truly our blessing to be able to host you for your Make-A-Wish. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and Kendra. She was so excited while you were here and still is today knowing you had such an amazing time with us and we got to play such a role in your trip. We look forward to you and your family joining us again in the near future.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I had the choice to share four nights with friends in a large house or to spend our time alone as a couple when we came to Florida for a wedding. We chose to stay at Sandestin primarily because our previous experience at the resort -- a week-long vacation beginning on Thanksgiving Day -- exceeding our expectations in every way. This time was no exception. From the moment we checked in, the staff at Sandestin was responsive and helpful.

Our accommodations in Luau (a one-bedroom corner suite) were conveniently located, immaculately prepared and thoroughly comfortable for the two of us. Although we didn't have a Gulf view from our room, we did schedule time to go up to the roof for some breathtaking sunsets. My only regret is that two ginormous air conditioning units across the parking lot churned out enough noise to drown out the sound of surf when I sat on my balcony.

Parking for Luau units is plentiful and convenient, with some covered spaces available. Elevators are large enough for schlepping luggage, shopping bags or beach paraphernalia. The range of golf courses - according to my 5-handicap husband - offers everything from player-friendly options to layouts that will challenge the more skillful golfer. Restaurants are available in a variety of price points, with several offering specialized menu items for gluten-free, vegetarian, pescatarian and vegan diners. And of course, having a kitchen in the condo makes it convenient to eat in, too.

One of the things I enjoyed most about this trip was using the new Sandesting iPhone app. A bit of a geek, I like the convenience of having current, interactive information available at my fingertips. Compared with other resort apps I've tried, this one is the best, hands down. My cell carrier is ATT, which has good, strong coverage throughout the property. Wifi is available for a fee in the condo.

My favorite tip: Catch-and-release fishing is available on ponds throughout the property. Next time, I hope to bring my grandson so that we can fish together!

If Sandestin had a club for Superfans, I'd join.

Room Tip: Property maps are helpful and accurate. Set priorities and compare prices. If you need help, call. T...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boomerizon,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate you choosing Sandestin again and we are so pleased to see you loved your time on the resort, the golf courses and your accommodations. We have so much to offer as there is never enough time to fit it all in. The Explore Sandestin App is a great tool for our guests. Anything and everything you would ever want or need to know is available on the App. We look forward to you and your husband visiting us again in the near future! If we can ever be of assistance please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com. Come stay and play with us again soon!

Regards
Lakeville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were coming from Mass for our friends wedding. We booked our hotel online, not knowing the place was so big! As soon as we arrived, we found out our friends were staying in the Village- The Market Street Inn, and we were in LeCeil. The shuttle was not available after 10PM and didn't want to have to drive back and forth. I went to the front desk and asked if we could be moved to the Village to be with our friends. The front desk attendant Xavier McGill, changed our room for us, no questions asked. He was SO helpful and accommodating. Not only did the front desk do this for us, but another family coming for the wedding also asked to move and was able to. I would highly recommend this resort. It was beautiful. We cant wait to go back some day!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KristaC,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin and we are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We are confident the wedding was beautiful and everyone had a great time during such a special occasion. Thank you for your comments regarding Xavier and his guest service. He does a great job for us and is an important part of our Front Desk team. We do hope you will have a chance to visit us again soon and enjoy all we offer to our guests...from Beach to Bay.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently attended a CAPPA Conference that was hosted at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. From the moment I arrived, the service was AMAZING! I want to specifically point out the person most responsible for this great support. Beth Cairns was not only professional, but she was caring and intentional about making sure that all of us were communicated and supported. I had a specific request when I arrived regarding my room location. Beth took care of it. I had an "issue" as I was leaving with my bill and Beth once again, stepped up and worked pro-actively to resolve the situation for me (even while on her day off!).
I want to also thank the management staff who were there to support as well resolving the billing error. Daniel and Dannielle were there and available to help.

The food at Graffiti Restaurant was amazing! I was able to take an afternoon and go kayaking in the bay with friends. My room was clean and well maintained. The location of the resort is beautiful and will be a place I would want to hang out anytime.

But all of the beauty of the location would have been nothing without the staff that supported all of us. Again, they are to be commended and rewarded!

Room Tip: Get yourself a room that looks over the bay or the ocean! There are dolphins to be seen!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mpatter,

We are so pleased the CAPPA Conference was all you expected it to be and more. We appreciate your business and you choosing Sandestin for your special CAPPA birthday celebration as well. We have so much to offer and we are pleased to see you had a chance to take advantage of our complimentary kayaks during your free time. Thank you for your comments regarding Beth. She certainly is a Star here at Sandestin and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. We are confident you all had a memorable stay with us and we look forward to your next CAPPA Conference here at Sandestin!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked this resort in september and asked for a lake view house.. The lady on phone seemed to be very kind and appeared to be taking care of all my requests. When I went there, the house I was given was nice...but the lake view I was promised was not satisfactory at all. It felt like it was just a dirty little pond in the backyard. Rest everything was ok. nothing very impressive to mention. Overall, I found that the resort was too big and too crowded. The shuttle service is not available all the time when you want and it might take a little while to pick up all the guests on the way to beach.

Room Tip: Taking a house or a room close to beach will help if you want to spend a lot of time on beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Azee84,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we are saddened to see you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. We have so many units to choose from and we are confident we have something that is perfect for you. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when making your next reservation. We do hope you enjoyed your time around the resort and had a chance to take advantage of some of our many amenities we offer our registered guests. We look forward to your next stay!

Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!