“Wedding Weekend - Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy West, Sandestin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sandestin
Lakeville, Massachusetts
“Wedding Weekend - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were coming from Mass for our friends wedding. We booked our hotel online, not knowing the place was so big! As soon as we arrived, we found out our friends were staying in the Village- The Market Street Inn, and we were in LeCeil. The shuttle was not available after 10PM and didn't want to have to drive back and forth. I went to the front desk and asked if we could be moved to the Village to be with our friends. The front desk attendant Xavier McGill, changed our room for us, no questions asked. He was SO helpful and accommodating. Not only did the front desk do this for us, but another family coming for the wedding also asked to move and was able to. I would highly recommend this resort. It was beautiful. We cant wait to go back some day!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
KristaC,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin and we are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We are confident the wedding was beautiful and everyone had a great time during such a special occasion. Thank you for your comments regarding Xavier and his guest service. He does a great job for us and is an important part of our Front Desk team. We do hope you will have a chance to visit us again soon and enjoy all we offer to our guests...from Beach to Bay.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently attended a CAPPA Conference that was hosted at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. From the moment I arrived, the service was AMAZING! I want to specifically point out the person most responsible for this great support. Beth Cairns was not only professional, but she was caring and intentional about making sure that all of us were communicated and supported. I had a specific request when I arrived regarding my room location. Beth took care of it. I had an "issue" as I was leaving with my bill and Beth once again, stepped up and worked pro-actively to resolve the situation for me (even while on her day off!).
I want to also thank the management staff who were there to support as well resolving the billing error. Daniel and Dannielle were there and available to help.

The food at Graffiti Restaurant was amazing! I was able to take an afternoon and go kayaking in the bay with friends. My room was clean and well maintained. The location of the resort is beautiful and will be a place I would want to hang out anytime.

But all of the beauty of the location would have been nothing without the staff that supported all of us. Again, they are to be commended and rewarded!

Room Tip: Get yourself a room that looks over the bay or the ocean! There are dolphins to be seen!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mpatter,

We are so pleased the CAPPA Conference was all you expected it to be and more. We appreciate your business and you choosing Sandestin for your special CAPPA birthday celebration as well. We have so much to offer and we are pleased to see you had a chance to take advantage of our complimentary kayaks during your free time. Thank you for your comments regarding Beth. She certainly is a Star here at Sandestin and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. We are confident you all had a memorable stay with us and we look forward to your next CAPPA Conference here at Sandestin!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked this resort in september and asked for a lake view house.. The lady on phone seemed to be very kind and appeared to be taking care of all my requests. When I went there, the house I was given was nice...but the lake view I was promised was not satisfactory at all. It felt like it was just a dirty little pond in the backyard. Rest everything was ok. nothing very impressive to mention. Overall, I found that the resort was too big and too crowded. The shuttle service is not available all the time when you want and it might take a little while to pick up all the guests on the way to beach.

Room Tip: Taking a house or a room close to beach will help if you want to spend a lot of time on beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Azee84,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we are saddened to see you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. We have so many units to choose from and we are confident we have something that is perfect for you. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when making your next reservation. We do hope you enjoyed your time around the resort and had a chance to take advantage of some of our many amenities we offer our registered guests. We look forward to your next stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Second time at this resort! Great food , service and shopping! The local village has great shopping and food! Hammer Heads was fun sitting out by the bay! Lots of local shops for everyone in the family! The resort room see very nice, clean and newly updated! Check this resort out! You will be very happy!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Beaus114,

We appreciate your business and Kentucky Farm Bureau continuing to choose Sandestin! We hope your entire conference was all you expected it to be and more. We have something for everyone from Beach to Bay and it looks like you took advantage of it all. Thank you for choosing Sandestin in 2013 and we look forward to 2014!

new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently experienced a fall getaway with my family this month. I couldn't have asked for better weather and felt it was perfect timing. The resort itself is breathtaking and full of fantastic views. You definitely need to get a condo with Gulf view if possibly. Every morning I woke up and thought how blessed I was to experience the beautiful sunrise from my balcony!

We ever able to enjoy all the amenities that the resort offered. My family went kayaking, rented bikes at the Marina, enjoyed putt putt at the Dunes and of course went swimming in the pool & beach. Also, on Friday & Saturday nights the resort had a bonfire and our kids (and other resort guests) were able to roast marshmallows & make smores with no extra charge. We also used the free shuttle to take us all over the resort including the Marina & Baytowne Wharf. Great shopping & food is located at Baytowne wharf like Acme Oyster House and Roberto's Pizzeria.

While at Baytowne we also took the kids on the carousel and zip-lining. It is a MUST if for families. You will not be disappointed and definitely get your monies worth when staying at this resort! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Get a condo with a gulf view. Also, there is plenty of storage in the condos and a full kitchen. We...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
jeffmarias,

Thank you so very much for choosing Sandestin. We are so happy to see you and your family had a great "fall getaway" with us. We have so much to offer and so pleased to see you took advantage of all there is to do and see here at Sandestin. I know the bonfire was a blast! Our guests love being able to roast marshmallows on the beach! We appreciate your business and hope you make us a tradition. We look forward to your next stay!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

During our road trip around the Southern States my partner and I had the pleasure of staying at the Sandestin resort. The apartment was superb with great views across the Gulf of Mexico. Special thanks to our concierge, Eunice, for whom nothing was a problem and gave us a detailed and entertaining guide to the resort, and Jacob who ferried us between our apartment and beachside.

Room Tip: Try and get as high a room as possible, the views are awesome!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Terry F,

Thank you so much for your most recent stay with us! We are elated to see you had such an amazing time here at Sandestin. With 2400 acres to play there is so much to see and do. We are pleased to see your accommodations were outstanding as were your views of the Gulf of Mexico. Thank you for your comments regarding Eunice. She does an amazing job for us and we are blessed to have her as part of the Sandestin Team. We look forward to your next stay with us soon!

Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Booked a month prior to our stay. Wanted to be as close as possible to the beach so we opted for the luau... The room itself was what we expected... Clean private bedroom with a full kitchen. The problems came in that we had to switch rooms three times until we finally got what we were told. A corner room with a wrap around balcony and an ocean view.... They really don't have a great hotel on this property for ocean views, because our hotel was still a 6 minute walk to the beach. Which wasn't bad but it's not what we expected... The Hilton sandestin is on the beach... But it looked pretty run down. Our next visit we'll stay with the Henderson inn... We had dinner there... It's a private hotel and restaurant on the beach.. Really nice and cozy... The service at the San Destin was a bit disappointing... Having worked in the hospitality industry for fifteen years... You know when people are happy with what they do for work. These people generally were not. In my opinion it's poor management. I do have to say the grounds were really nice. I can't imagine the home owners settling for less. I also want to mention the older man that facilitates the gym needs a new job. He's rude and his judgements were written all over his face. Look else where!

• Stayed August 2013
Travelmereview,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin. We are saddened to see you were not pleased with your most recent stay. We have over 1200 rental units across our property and we are sure we have something to meet all of your needs. The Hilton does set on our property but is not affiliated with Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in any way. We do apologize you were not informed of the three rental buildings directly on the beach that we could have placed you in. We have many beach front units with amazing sunrises and sunsets. We do hope you will choose to visit Sandestin again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when making your next reservation. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay!

Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!