“Nice property but poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy West, Sandestin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Sandestin
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Nice property but poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed in Grand property on June 10 - June 14th...the following is a summary of my experience:

The bad - check in - the front desk was training a new person. We received no information and didn't provide directions to our property or help with our luggage.

Room was nice and clean but not special. My wife has Menieres disorder which is a inner ear disorder that has left her with extreme sensitivity to noise. I asked for a room that was in a quiet location. The room we received had an a/c that created a noise that was like being placed between two large subwoofers. It was a torture chamber for her. I called and talked to the manager Aaron who was leaving for the evening but agreed to move us the next morning. We toughed it out it out for the night. I had to work through the move with the front desk. They put us in a different room right next to the elevator and ice maker. My wife doesn't want to move again.

Housekeeping - we are in the room getting ready when they came to the door. We asked if they could come back in 15 minutes. They said no and asked if we needed towels and that we needed to sign the form for their supervisor to show that we turned down housekeeping.

Shuttle to the beach - poor service....they needed to see my room key which was at the bottom of the beach bag...I asked do you really need to me to get it....we were getting on at the resort site...the driver said yes I need to see it in a rude tone...she drove crazy too but got us their fast...

Good - beautiful grounds and lot to do

Very commercialized not idea for a quiet unique vacation...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Tom C,

Thank you for choosing Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we do hope you will choose to stay with us again soon. Please know what you experienced is not the standard here at Sandestin. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered regarding your unit location. We strive to meet all of our guest requests and handle all guest concerns and issues to their satisfaction. We are confident we have many accommodations that will meet your needs and requests for your next stay and one of our reservationist will be happy to assist you. We look forward to you choosing Sandestin again soon.

751 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

OMG..I LOVED THIS PLACE!! We stayed in the Laceil building and had a room looking out at the bay. Talk about GORGEOUS!! I loved waking up to the breathtaking view. The resort is so big and has many things to do. The beach was across the street and there is a shuttle that takes you if you don't want to drive. There is shopping and restaurants. We ate at Acme Oyster House and I fell in love with the fried oysters. There are bike rentals at the Marina. We relaxed a lot during this trip and I was exceptionally pleased at how peaceful this place was. This will be our new annual trip from now on. I almost cried when we were leaving. I recommend this place to EVERYONE!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Bay have a constant breeze.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LaceB,

Thank you for your review of LeCiel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. LeCiel is a great property and the sunrises and sunsets from the balconies at LeCiel are the best on the property. With the constant breeze and the view of the Bay it is a great location to enjoy and relax during your stay. We have many complimentary amenities to offer and we are happy to see you had a chance to take advantage of some of them. We appreciate your business and you choosing to stay with us. We look forward to you visiting again soon!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had read quite a few negative reviews about the Sandestin Golf Resort and was very concerned about what our experience here would be like. We were having a small family reunion here and I wanted it to be perfect. We stayed at the Luau Tower I and could not have had a better experience. Our condo was so spacious for the 6 adults and 2 children who were staying there. It was a three bedroom unit. The family with two small children stayed in a connecting suite and that was a perfect space for them. The unit was clean. We had beautiful views from all windows. We heard no noise from the hallways or other units. We found everyone at the resort to be helpful and friendly. I had some difficulty with the internet I had paid for and placed a phone call for help. I received a call within 15 minutes and had no more issues with the internet. The beach here is stunningly beautiful and the water is warm. We had a very short walk from our hotel to the beach. We used the fitness room. It's very nice. A highlight for us was using our free bicycle rental and riding bikes from the Baytowne Marina. I would recommend booking through the resort and getting all of the amenities. If I could change anything - I wish there were more places to eat at the resort. There is a lot of traffic driving into Destin, and while there are some very good restaurants there, there are times we would have preferred not to leave the property. I also wish you could receive a guarantee of rooms. I would love to come back and have rooms 7202 and 7204 again. That would alleviate some nervousness about coming here if one knew they had an ocean view and a high floor. Other than that, we loved it and hope to come back. I'm back in the desert now and picturing myself on the beach at Sandestin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fcarolee,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we are so pleased to see your family had an memorable stay with us. Luau is a great location and has many great amenities. The fitness room, grills, observation deck and a great salt water pool are a perfect completion to choosing Luau. We see you took advantage of our complimentary bike to explore the many miles of bike trails here at Sandestin. Regarding your units, we do have an assurance program that can guarantee your units for your next stay. Please feel free to contact one of our reservation specialist and they can assist you with the program while making your next reservation. We look forward to your next stay!

chattanooga, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

As a family of 5 with young kids, our experience was incredible at SanDestin. There's so much to do, see & eat on the property. The view from our condo & the accommodation was perfect in every way! The amenities are more than you could ever ask for from the youngest of age to the oldest. The shuttles & bike rentals are perfect for getting around & seeing all the sites. There's even an app you can download that will help you find your way around. There's water sport rentals along with lessons, spectacular golf courses & miniature golfing for the young kiddos too! We loved the Wharf & all the fun games & the delicious food - ohmygoodness the food! By far our most favorite was hitting the white sands for hanging out on the beach & watching the sunset. Everything was exceptionally clean & neat. The grounds are incredibly lush & have every kind of sport to offer from land to sea. Staying in Sandestin was a pleasure to experience for our entire family!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
nestofposies,

Thank you for visiting us here at Sandestin and sharing your experience. We are so pleased to see your family made great memories while you were here. We have so much to do among our 2400 acres and something for every member of the family. We see you downloaded our Explore Sandestin App and used it during your stay. It is a great tool for the entire family to use during your vacation and stay informed about all we have going on. Again, we appreciate your business and we look forward to you visiting us again soon and creating more lasting memories.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've just returned from the most enjoyable work assignment in years. Sent to Sandestin Golf and Beach resort for the coverage of the most recent SEC meetings, I have to say, I am impressed!

Right from the beginning, everyone from the resort worked to provide everything we needed to carry out the broadcast we had planned. Keeping us informed all through the process.

I was greeted upon arrival, shown to the area we would be working from overlooking he Gulf. At check in, everything the resort had to offer was explained and I was given directions to Heaven.

Imagine, walking out your front door onto one of four of the most breathtaking Golf courses you have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Working overlooking the Emerald green waters of the Gulf, watching the sun rise and set over the Choctawhatchee bay. Zip lining over the Lagoon in the Village at Baytowne Warf, shopping, dining, water sports, of coursethe Beaches. All within minuets and at your finger tips, at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Not to mention the unforgetable views, everywhere you turn, POSTCARD!

I can't say enough about the incredible staff, working tirelessly to make sure no detail was overlooked. I was a fantastic four days in Heaven. I'm already looking forward to next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
KirbyAllenKirby,

We are so glad you were able to come spend a few days in paradise and get your job done too! We do have an amazing place to live, work and play. We are so glad that your broadcast assignment of the SEC meetings were successful and you were able to get the job done in some sun and fun. Hopefully you will be able to come join us again for a few days of pleasure and enjoy all we have to offer here at Sandestin. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we certainly want your next stay to be POSTCARD perfect too!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My fiancé and I recently stayed at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort for a friend’s wedding and it was fabulous! From the amenities to the service, everything about our experience was incredible. This is a fantastic place to relax and hangout with family and friends. I would certainly recommend this Resort to anyone. Oh and the food?... Amazing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kappie R,

Thank you so very much for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We hope the wedding was wonderful and you created some great memories here at Sandestin during such a special occasion. We have something for everyone and there is always something to do. So happy to see you and your fiancé' enjoyed them all. We appreciate your business and we look forward to you choosing Sandestin again soon!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and we absolutely loved it!

The room was clean and spacious and best of all the bed was SO comfortable which is something you normally don't find while on vacation and away from home.

I strongly recommend trying out the marina for lunch. It's a great place to grab a drink and some lunch and just relax. I ordered the grouper sandwich and the fish was so fresh and cooked perfectly! The staff is very friendly and easy going and overall it's just a fun place to stop in for lunch or drinks or both.

We really enjoyed riding bikes around the property and browsing around the countless shops that are located in the village. They even have a Fat Tuesdays on property which was perfect for Summer. We were able to stop in and grab a daiquiri and sit out on the patio with our drinks while we soaked up the sun a bit.

Overall we had a great time and we would definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DSanders1202,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business and we thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Sandestin. We have so much to do and see and it looks like you took advantage of some of our complimentary amenities. We are pleased to see you enjoy our complimentary bikes. With 2400 acres we have plenty to explore. So happy you experienced the Marina Bar & Grill, the beautiful views and the grouper, it is amazing! We hope you made some amazing memories while you were here with us and we would love for you to visit us again soon.

Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!